Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 8/29

@lolakimono - so sad. I guess I did the exact wrong thing. Poor kitty.

@Bird mama - where did you find that video of me?  That's how I look on a regular basis.  Sometimes I just want to run away from home and forget about all the people and creatures I have to worry about on a daily basis.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat, I know how you feel, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
@house_cat, I know how you feel, lol.

(((hugs))) to you and the other ladies.  I'm going to go deal with my cupcakes.  That's my best therapy.  See you all around the boards this weekend and throughout the week.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Listen to me, someone who genuinely cares for you.  You did nothing wrong.  You went to the vet alone and got blindsided that it was the time for her to go back to God.  Even though we think we see it coming, that's a crock.  Nobody is ever prepared to say goodbye to anyone or any companion animal.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I need to get busy also, nice chatting with everyone, hope you have a great weekend and upcoming week. See you around the boards.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@house_cat

Listen to me, someone who genuinely cares for you.  You did nothing wrong.  You went to the vet alone and got blindsided that it was the time for her to go back to God.  Even though we think we see it coming, that's a crock.  Nobody is ever prepared to say goodbye to anyone or any companion animal.

Thank you, Bird. That means a lot.

Quick story - I was walking this week, without my dog, of course, when I met an older lady with her dog. We would see them frequently, so she asked me why I was walking alone. I told her about Missy and she offered her condolences. I said, "I hope she's in heaven, frolicking and having a good time with the other pups." The lady said to me, "You don't really believe that, do you?" Huh?  I told her that I choose to believe it. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Next time you see that heathen, cross the street.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I will add this, although I don't know if it will ever help anyone...

The nicest thing our lady vet did for us was when DH's Boston was ready to head for the "Rainbow Bridge."

She told us to take our furry friend home for 3 days, then to bring her back for "the procedure."  DH had had this furry friend from puppyhood.  That was lucky we could bring her home for a few days... it helped him adjust.  That is all I can say...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@house_cat

Next time you see that heathen, cross the street.

I was taken aback by her comment, but she's an inspiration. She's 90 years old, uses a walker, and walks her 4 year old Cocker Spaniel two miles, twice a day. Can you believe that?!  She lives in the senior housing around the corner from me. I frequently stop and talk to the ladies who sit outside, because they look so lonely. I guess I'll just be careful what we talk about from now on, lol.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Dawnie, here is how I add pics using my iPad:

1) on the thread you want to post to, press Reply.

2) open another window on your iPad, like another QVC page, that has the pic you want to post. (Some, not many, sites won't let me copy their pic from my iPad.)

3) put your index finger on the pic and hold it there until a popuop screen appears that gives options to Save Image or Copy. Select Save Image. This saves it to your Photo Stream.

4) write what you want in your post and when you're ready to insert your pic, press the picture icon on the top of your response box (works best in Rich Text mode). The picture icon looks like mountains with a sun on the right.

5) another popuop screen appears. Select Choose File, then Photo Library, then My Photos. The photo you just saved should be the last one in your library so it is easy to find.

6) after choosing your photo, you can choose the size among Small, Medium, or Large. I usually select Medium, but it's entirely up to you.

7) then, just press the Insert Photo highlighted in red. You pic will be inserted in your post and you're off!

Seems complicated, but it's really easy once you do it a couple times. Let me know if you have trouble. Better yet, post a pic to let me know you got it! Good luck! Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop