Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 8/29

Whoa!  I didn't know that Paula's Choice was on the Q.  I'm surprised the Beauty Boards haven't crashed.  They're ALWAYS talking about her and her site.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

If I were Leah, with the hot studio lights, I would take that trench off in a NY minute.

Yup, but she likes to keep her arms covered. I'm surprised they didn't put her in the Logo top since the olive trench sold out.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I've never seen Paula before on TV even though I've ordered her products. It's fun to see her!

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

If I were Leah, with the hot studio lights, I would take that trench off in a NY minute.

Yup, but she likes to keep her arms covered. I'm surprised they didn't put her in the Logo top since the olive trench sold out.

It makes me nervous, like she's headed out or she just got there and flew into the studio to cover for another host.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the only one who's never heard of Paula.

My skin care regimen consists of Dove soap and Walmart sunscreen.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Snicks1

How is hubby doing?

Thanks for asking, I can see some slight downhill sliding, but so far still hanging in there. He is still working nearly everyday, but IMO I think he needs medical disability started. The problem with getting that started is his doctor just left her practise to head the hospital, so he now has to start with a new doc, ugh. I know that it could take months. Hoping it's just my imagination, but I don't think it is. It is what it is and we will muddle through whatever comes.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Snicks1

How is hubby doing?

Thanks for asking, I can see some slight downhill sliding, but so far still hanging in there. He is still working nearly everyday, but IMO I think he needs medical disability started. The problem with getting that started is his doctor just left her practise to head the hospital, so he now has to start with a new doc, ugh. I know that it could take months. Hoping it's just my imagination, but I don't think it is. It is what it is and we will muddle through whatever comes.

@Snicks1

"downhill" as in mental or physical?

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I guess I'm the only one who's never heard of Paula.

My skin care regimen consists of Dove soap and Walmart sunscreen.

I've heard of Paula through the forums.  I've never tried any of her products though.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Snicks1

How is hubby doing?

@Snicks1

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to.  I don't want to be too nosy.  Did the fall a couple of years back start all this?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1

Here is a teaching tale for you, so that you will remember what you're missing, LOL.

"LTT" Think to myself... "WHY, WHY at this moment"

Student 1- Can I go to the bathroom?

Me- Yes, but please go quickly because I'm starting instruction and remember to sign out and take the hall pass.  (This is my first BR visit of the year)

"Me... LTT thinking: It takes longer to explain BR priveleges than it does to present learning material..."

Student 2- Can I go to the bathroom?

"Me, LTT, thinking:  REALLY, REALLY??? NOW??"

Me- Yes, but you'll have to wait until Student 1 gets back, and you'll need to return quickly.

I start instruction, Student 1 disappears..............

"me LTT thinking... OK IT HAS NOW BEEN 45 MINUTES... TIME TO CALL SECURITY... WHICH WILL TAKE ANOTHER 15 MIN OUT OF LSN"

It's probably about 10 minutes into instruction when she returns and Student 2 gets up to sign out (not my preference, right in the middle of the lesson, but we can't "restrict" the BR).

Student 2 stands there at the sign out sheet and blurts out (while I'm teaching) "The pencil is broken."

Me... LTT... thinking "BIG SURPRISE"

The sign out sheet is placed between TWO SHARPENERS- one attached to the wall and the other is electric.

Really?!

I had to stop instruction and tell him that HE could sharpen the pencil, although I'm not sure why Student 1 didn't sharpen it after she broke it.  

"Me... LTT ... thinking... will we be ready for the state assessment in the spring?"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~