Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 8/29

@Snicks1 wrote:
BTW lola, I am looking at 3 weddings coming up in 2016, way to far off right now, but may want some of your expert sourcing skills for attire. All are grandchildren, so many of the same people will be at all the weddings, meaning I don't want to wear the same thing to them, lol. Also one is spring, one in fall, and don't know yet when the 3rd will be, no date set yet. Going to be a busy year for me. Exciting!

Do you know what type of weddings they are going to be, formal? day evening etc

Once you know that you can narrow down what type of dress you need.  Perhaps one pair of really good shoes might work for all 3 events.

Depending on where you live figure out when the stores have their dress sales and plan on shopping and stalking them (if you are a sale shopper like me)

Yes you do need 3 different outfits for these

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Looking for the tape??? Anybody see it this time?

Leah, LDO trench...

I bet it will make another appearance.  It's on our (viewing) right side, although she might have both wing flaps taped down.

I'm surprised they didn't use Hollywood Fashion Tape.  

Regular Contributor

Is it just me or have all the clothing prices gone up on QVC?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Will be out of town and if still able, will post next week... otherwise, you will know that I am trying to "corral" the two DGKs...

practicing my "rope-'em-up" technique this week

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

How is hubby doing?

Honored Contributor

@happy2behere wrote:

No, it's not just you.  I used to buy essentials from QVC - tees and tanks and stuff like that. I can no longer do that. I buy my essentials at Walmart and spice them up with better cardigans and jackets. 

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@happy2behere wrote:

@Happy2000twou, I believe the consensus on numerous threads is that, yes, the prices have skyrocketed. Some attribute it to the new shipping/return rules, some to "everything is going up everywhere," and some to the Q being greedy. Take your pick, they are up in all lines.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Will be out of town and if still able, will post next week... otherwise, you will know that I am trying to "corral" the two DGKs...

@LTT1

Here is a teaching tale for you, so that you will remember what you're missing, LOL.

Student 1- Can I go to the bathroom?

Me- Yes, but please go quickly because I'm starting instruction and remember to sign out and take the hall pass.  (This is my first BR visit of the year)

Student 2- Can I go to the bathroom?

Me- Yes, but you'll have to wait until Student 1 gets back, and you'll need to return quickly.

I start instruction, Student 1 disappears..............

It's probably about 10 minutes into instruction when she returns and Student 2 gets up to sign out (not my preference, right in the middle of the lesson, but we can't "restrict" the BR).

Student 2 stands there at the sign out sheet and blurts out (while I'm teaching) "The pencil is broken."

The sign out sheet is placed between TWO SHARPENERS- one attached to the wall and the other is electric.

Really?!

I had to stop instruction and tell him that HE could sharpen the pencil, although I'm not sure why Student 1 didn't sharpen it after she broke it.  

Honored Contributor

Some day, in the not too far future, we're going to look back at all these irregular length tops and wonder what the heck we were thinking.

Personally, I've been over it for quite a while. I look better in tops that come down to my hipbones, with straight hems.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

If I were Leah, with the hot studio lights, I would take that trench off in a NY minute.