Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 8/13 (8:00)

Honored Contributor

Thanks, the process of the employers, scanning resumes has been so specific I have had very few bites since I started looking in April.I am concerned that I am nearing the end of my Unemployment benefits, I have heard they might extend it which is good. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox, too bad about not being able to sleep last night. I've been watching the Olympics too, especially the swimming and gymnastics. Sorry you are feeling "unhappy". I understand, I was not satisfied with my life either anytime I was between jobs. I am happy now to be retired though. It makes a difference I think, when you plan to retire and it finally happens. Are you still actively looking for work?
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Meeting a couple of old friends for lunch.  Haven't seen one since high school, and the other in several years.  One is a teacher, so we have been trying to coordinate a day when we all are available before school starts.  The teacher and I go way back to first grade.  I'm really excited to see them again.  

I accidentally stepped on my glasses last night and bent them in the hinge/temple piece, so I also need to stop in to Lenscrafters and have those repaired.  I am planning to order a couple extra pairs online this weekend.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

Beauty products are not too interesting to me either right now.  With the chemo it is just trying to keep the skin lubricated.  Josie Maran's whipped argon oil body butter helps a lot.  As for hair, well it is just starting to grow back, so not much you can do for 'fuzzy' except keep it clean and watch it grow.  Not complaining, actually very grateful.

it will grow back and better :-)

have you tried coconut oil,

Honored Contributor

I am still "very" activly looking, I will nto be 62 until Feb and well I am not too sure how muhc my SS benefits will be, after 14 years of working at home, I am not sure about commuting to a job etc.

@Snicks1 wrote:
@I am still oxox, too bad about not being able to sleep last night. I've been watching the Olympics too, especially the swimming and gymnastics. Sorry you are feeling "unhappy". I understand, I was not satisfied with my life either anytime I was between jobs. I am happy now to be retired though. It makes a difference I think, when you plan to retire and it finally happens. Are you still actively looking for work?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Good morning!  I "see" you!Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Eliana, that does sound fun catching up with old friends. Sorry about your glasses. I really need to get new glasses, I just keep putting it off as long as possible, just don't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money they cost, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

it's just beauty on the Leah hours this morning ugh

Honored Contributor

$39(dot com)  dollar glasses as a great assortment and they are very easy to deal with 

@Eliana wrote:

Good morning, everyone.  Meeting a couple of old friends for lunch.  Haven't seen one since high school, and the other in several years.  One is a teacher, so we have been trying to coordinate a day when we all are available before school starts.  The teacher and I go way back to first grade.  I'm really excited to see them again.  

I accidentally stepped on my glasses last night and bent them in the hinge/temple piece, so I also need to stop in to Lenscrafters and have those repaired.  I am planning to order a couple extra pairs online this weekend.