Honored Contributor

Re: A,M. Style Live Chat, 8:00, 5/30

@Desert Lily 

Amazon.com: Birds in Garden Retirement Congratulations Greeting ...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  @Tennesseegal  @Bird mama   Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Honored Contributor

sadly the last time I bought anything at Pier 1 was back when their stuff was actually made in different countries, it was a place to buy "exotic" things 

I thing HomeGoods, et. al. beat them at their game 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@twinny70 

Have you ever discussed the SubQ type of infusions,  I have had two and they are a world of difference between the 6-8 hours in the hospital, yesterday was the second day with the nurse, the actual infusing time was 45 minutes and the set up and break down another 30 or so minutes. I was squeamish when my doctor first suggested but I can see this will be my life line in the future

@twinny70 wrote:

I am still ox ox, that's a great report.  Keep up the good work.

PinkDogwood, unrest right.  I hope that the,astronauts get to go up this afternoon.

Lola, cute pic.  I don't know if my salon is open yet, but I am not quite ready to go for a haircut.  

It's going to be another beautiful sunny 68° day.  Such a relief after 3 hot 80° days.  By Tuesday, it will be getting hot again.

My excitement this week was when a friend stopped by on Thursday to pick up a few paper backs that I have read.  They were sitting on the edge of the porch and we had a nice person to person conversation through the screen door.

Then yesterday, my bf from HS and her husband ordered a carryout lunch from our favorite Italian restaurant in our town from their home & picked it up just as my DH was picking up our carryout lunch.  We all had a great time self distancing in the garage.  My DH commented on how nice it was to be able to have a person to person conversation.

No shopping for me.  My DH got his new hearing aids last week and is getting used to them.  He went in for an adjustment on Thursday & has another appointment next Thursday.  Then on Thursday afternoon, he had a small growth removed from under his eye.  Now he has a nasty black eye.

I had to remake his face masks and put ties on them.  The elastic was how he lost a hearing aid.  Exciting, I know.

I have my next infusion on Monday,  so I hope that it goes well & my DH can entertain himself as he can't go in with me.  Last time, he discovered a nice little park.  Then we are going to see our dgc for a masked safe distancing visit outside.  I am going to make a few sweet treats and take some good cheese that we bought yesterday from our favorite cheese factory.  It was so nice to be able to go in & pick it up in person.

We are planning to take our mopeds & go to our small local farmers market this morning.  Everybody has to be masked.  We are on our last jar of SF jelly.  We had planned to go to a few Amish stores in April,  but our anniversary vacation was cancelled and still is.

Other than that, I am going to have a lazy day.  I will soon be the energized 🐇🐇🐇 again.  

Off to fix breakfast. 

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

I am still ox ox, I have never heard of the Sub Q.  Are you getting them in your hometown?  I am getting mine an hour away.  Also, I have a port.  Years ago when I first started getting my IVIG Infusions, I was in the hospital for two days.  Now it takes about two hours.  

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

I would think it would be drying too....but there is something different about it because it is not.

I have only read one explanation as a postulation about why it works.

The article said that everything we eat and everything we use to clean are high on the acidity scale...so borax would counteract these things in our environment maybe?

And Boron is an essential in our diet and we don't get enough from our diets apparently.

I will post the original article I read later today.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I like that print in the duster you bought! That looks like a fun item for summer!

The 20 Mule Team that started Borax in this country is written on the side of the box and is inspiring! Borax is only mined in this country and one or two others in the world.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@lolakimono 

OMG I think I have met my twin, B will never notice any scent or odor and I have the nose of a blood hound despite bad allergies

@I am still oxox 

It's the same for Penzey's.  When BF was working in the city and had a 75 minute communte, there was a Penzey's there.  Sometimes I would dispatch him to go and pick up what we needed (rather than order online).  The very first time I went in there, thinking I would LOVE to see all of the herbs and spices, I lasted less than 5 minutes before I had a Godzilla sneeze and then I was ruined the rest of the day, like I had snorted pepper into my brain tissue.  

@lolakimono 

OXOX

So here is my story: many years ago (when we were planning DD's wedding, I stepped into her bridal florist's (where flowers were also being chemically preserved and dried for shadow boxes).

My sinuses immediately were ON 🔥 !

How embarrassing and I ran right out of there!

Now I am thinking that this was actually Lichen planus which plagued me even back then.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

Scents just drive me crazy and I have had nothing "smelly" in my life for years. However, I gingerly have been "dipping my toe" into essential oils with luck!

There are a few that really appeal to me and I can wear! This is exciting to me!

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

Hi I am getting the treatments at home and depending on the meds it is a weekly or biweekly thing, I have had two visits with a nurse and he will be here Saturday for a final visit, I feel really comfortable doing this and I know the scheduling is my own and I felt great when I did it

@twinny70 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@twinny70 

Have you ever discussed the SubQ type of infusions,  I have had two and they are a world of difference between the 6-8 hours in the hospital, yesterday was the second day with the nurse, the actual infusing time was 45 minutes and the set up and break down another 30 or so minutes. I was squeamish when my doctor first suggested but I can see this will be my life line in the future

@twinny70 wrote:

I am still ox ox, that's a great report.  Keep up the good work.

PinkDogwood, unrest right.  I hope that the,astronauts get to go up this afternoon.

Lola, cute pic.  I don't know if my salon is open yet, but I am not quite ready to go for a haircut.  

It's going to be another beautiful sunny 68° day.  Such a relief after 3 hot 80° days.  By Tuesday, it will be getting hot again.

My excitement this week was when a friend stopped by on Thursday to pick up a few paper backs that I have read.  They were sitting on the edge of the porch and we had a nice person to person conversation through the screen door.

Then yesterday, my bf from HS and her husband ordered a carryout lunch from our favorite Italian restaurant in our town from their home & picked it up just as my DH was picking up our carryout lunch.  We all had a great time self distancing in the garage.  My DH commented on how nice it was to be able to have a person to person conversation.

No shopping for me.  My DH got his new hearing aids last week and is getting used to them.  He went in for an adjustment on Thursday & has another appointment next Thursday.  Then on Thursday afternoon, he had a small growth removed from under his eye.  Now he has a nasty black eye.

I had to remake his face masks and put ties on them.  The elastic was how he lost a hearing aid.  Exciting, I know.

I have my next infusion on Monday,  so I hope that it goes well & my DH can entertain himself as he can't go in with me.  Last time, he discovered a nice little park.  Then we are going to see our dgc for a masked safe distancing visit outside.  I am going to make a few sweet treats and take some good cheese that we bought yesterday from our favorite cheese factory.  It was so nice to be able to go in & pick it up in person.

We are planning to take our mopeds & go to our small local farmers market this morning.  Everybody has to be masked.  We are on our last jar of SF jelly.  We had planned to go to a few Amish stores in April,  but our anniversary vacation was cancelled and still is.

Other than that, I am going to have a lazy day.  I will soon be the energized 🐇🐇🐇 again.  

Off to fix breakfast. 

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

I am still ox ox, I have never heard of the Sub Q.  Are you getting them in your hometown?  I am getting mine an hour away.  Also, I have a port.  Years ago when I first started getting my IVIG Infusions, I was in the hospital for two days.  Now it takes about two hours.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Oh my @LTT1 , well, I certainly didn't mean for you to reveal something personal. I appreciate your openness on this and your explanation of using a borax rinse, something I'd not heard of.