Trusted Contributor

Re: A,M. Style Live Chat, 8:00, 5/30

@LTT1 wrote:

@Jtdmum 

Borax is nothing more than a pure mineral (like ie:zinc) and it has been given a "bad rap" thought to be because the major chemical companies could not patent it.

There are FaceBook groups (I have found them to contain knowledgeable individuals) who advocate using Borax for various things (besides laundry😂)

In the tub, borax helps reverse and repair Lichen Sclerosis and borax stops the itch of Lichen Planus. 
Members in some of these groups use borax dissolved in water as a final hair rinse. 
So I got brave and tried it.🙂

@LTT1 I have borax, just never thought of it as a hair product.  It's a pretty powerful mineral.  I would think it would be drying which would cause more frizz? 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

OMG I think I have met my twin, B will never notice any scent or odor and I have the nose of a blood hound despite bad allergies

@lolakimono wrote:

@Tennesseegal 

I have a lot from Pier 1, so much that I have their credit card.  It really makes me sad that they are closing.  My only complaint is that the last few times I was actually IN a store, they had such strong potpourri/incense right around the register that it was gagworthy.

I bought a leather sofa from them in 2010, upon the recommendation of my allergist, who suggested that leather would be better for my dust mite allergy than regular fabric. I got these two cats in 2014.  It wasn't long before they perforated the leather with their acrobatics, and then the leather started "flaking" off.  I bought a sofa cover, but the damage was done and now I'm thinking that it was "bonded" leather that they sold.  I will need a new sofa, but they are still scratching monsters, despite having about 15 scratchers of all varieties throughout the house.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@lolakimono 

OMG I think I have met my twin, B will never notice any scent or odor and I have the nose of a blood hound despite bad allergies

@I am still oxox 

It's the same for Penzey's.  When BF was working in the city and had a 75 minute communte, there was a Penzey's there.  Sometimes I would dispatch him to go and pick up what we needed (rather than order online).  The very first time I went in there, thinking I would LOVE to see all of the herbs and spices, I lasted less than 5 minutes before I had a Godzilla sneeze and then I was ruined the rest of the day, like I had snorted pepper into my brain tissue.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

They started again. With the IT TSV 

This is the most boringist show!🙄

not even watching this morning, 

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear I"m going up to my room and throwing away any mascara I can find.  At midnight I'd had enough.   

In my lifetime I would not use as much mascara as they are selling! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  When I read your post about borax, I remembered a commercial jingle from childhood about Boraxo Powdered Handsoap. I also remember my brother watching Death Valley Days sponsored by 20 Mule Team Borax. But, I never knew what borax was.

@lolakimonoI'm sad to see Pier 1 go. It's a popular store in our area. I never bought anything big there, but I did buy toss pillows, ceramic pieces, ornaments, etc.When I was in junior high or high school, my BFF & I used to buy Boho clothes and jewelry there.

I color my own hair. Today, I going to watch YouTube and cut my own hair. Yikes.

I am officially retired. I feel some relief that I don't have to get up at 4:15AM anymore or worry about the safety there now. Last night, I found a condo with a private entrance, attached garage, 1st floor single level, kitchen & bathroom updates done, in a retail convenient area in lake country but not on the lake. I prefer the next town 15 minutes away being more quaint & in demand (and more healthcare services), but this town is a trifle larger and has better business conveniences. I need to decide no later than tomorrow because condos & average $ homes in this lake country area sell within a couple days. Now that I'm contemplating this place & am free from my job, I'm a bit hesitant or maybe scared. Idk how I'd move my 17 yr. old dog & my 5 yr. old dog across the country; I would not drive it. Lots on my mind with this transition period.

I woke up at 6:00AM this morning and bought this duster on ShopHQ. I haven't bought anything from them since last year. I don't need it, but I thought it  would go great with denim.

image.png

I hope everybody's weather is behaving now. Our weather edged up to almost 110 this past week. Ugh. Keeping my fingers crossed that it cools down next week, waaay down.

I have a lot of writing to do on my current novel. It's going well so far in the beginning. Hopefully it keeps me from doing too much shopping online Lol.

Stay well, Fashionistas!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono @I am still oxox Triplets. 

I've had a few come in to the lab bathed in perfumes (just awful scents) -

I asked, I pleaded-  I sneeze to the holy heavens.   Company has no policy on wearing scent. 

Then came N.Covid-19.  Airborne virus, highly contagious.  Open lab.  Me (and a few others) sneezing beyond what you could imagine. 

Ahem...we have a perfume policy.....I'll never say there was a silver lining to that virus but there was a godsend for a couple of us. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

Silver lining, indeed!

Cartoon Sneeze GIFs | Tenor

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily 

Congrats on the retirement!  I'm really enjoying it myself.

@lolakimono 

Pier1 always has such cute turtle items and I always think of you and my friend.  She is also a Spanish teacher and loves turtles! What is it with "tortugas" and Spanish teachers?Cat LOL

@Jtdmum 

I'm with you about mascara.  That would dry out before I used that many!!