Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ’ A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00 am 4-10

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

I'm surprised to see 100% organic cotton at this price.

https://www.qvc.com/AnyBody-Organic-Cotton-Jersey-Tank-Lounge-Dress.product.A397106.html

@lolakimono 

Always scares me that the cotton was not ginned or carded well.  LOL

@lolakimono 

Are you game to try it?  I think I will wait for a few reviews.  That's what I like about reviews.  Can change my mind when it needs changing.

@Nonametoday 

It's too long for me.  Even if I wore it for teaching from home, I would probably get it tangled up in my rolling chair.  

Honored Contributor

It is really great-looking.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

@LTT1 

I am 2 weeks out today from my second Pfizer vaccine.  Guess I'll celebrate by ordering something online!!  Not ready to start mingling in stores just yet.  Our state (PA) numbers are climbing.  Guess the better weather makes everyone get out and about.

Now the big decisions....what website to spend my celebration $ on today??!!  I'm open to suggestions.  The Q not exciting me too much this a.m.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@Tennesseegal
@lolakimono
A mental health day might help?

@LTT1 

Well, you know how that goes- SUB PLANS!  I have a Spanish speaking sub (friend) who covered my one day for BF's oral surgery and will do the 22nd for his colonoscopy, so I will prepare something to teach (vs. leaving independent work).

Right now the following is going on simultaneously:

• scheduling my department (who will teach what, how many sections of courses, etc.) and a meeting with the principal to discuss our staffing numbers
  • moving forward for SPED testing for one of my ELLs who doesn't "get" things in Spanish.  I think she has a processing issue, and as an ELL is being "coddled" in her other classes, but I can see in Spanish that she doesn't "get" things, even though it's her native language.  
  • grading four classes of 4 paragraph essays and running each essay through "draftback" a program that allows me to see their keystrokes to see if they copied/pasted anything or used Google Translate
  • having coaching conversations with my people about the number of failures as we approach the end of the marking period.  Right now we are hovering at about 25% of the school with failures.  My intern and I had a LONG conversation yesterday when I saw that he has 75 students who are failing. He is #3 in the school with failures.
  • contacting my own kids' parents about their failures
  • grading the makeup work from the entire marking period that continues to trickle in
  • planning next week's lessons for the NEW content, which hasn't been released yet from the district
  • conducting walkthroughs (10-15 min.) in classes for each of my people
  • ordering supplies for the remainder of the year and tracking their location/delivery to school
  • supervising an "academy" of students (whom I don't teach) to get them to complete their work for other teachers.  One girl was a bit "tuff" with me, and I learned that her mom died in 2015 and her dad died in 2011.  While we were on a meet, her grandma (raising her now) was hollering about her not having vacuumed the living room the day before.
  • running the Spring initiation for our Spanish honorary.
  • trying to coordinate a yearbook picture for the 7 people in my department.
  • attending two hour AVID trainings.

And that is just THIS week.  

Honored Contributor

@DancinQueen 

A few favorites...

Etsy

Sundance

Anthropologie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

I know about wearing dresses (working from home for years) and getting them caught up in the wheels of your chair.  I taught ESL in a virutal classroom at a major teaching university and I learned never to wear dresses.  Once, I even almost turned over when I did not realize my dress was caught in the wheels and I tried to turn to my right too quickly.  Yes, it's a mess.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Cotton blouse

@Bird mama 

That stripe is delicious.  Did you get that here?  I bet not.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   JCPenney (both tops).  The striped shell is Liz Claiborne.  The blouse is St John's Bay.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

@lolakimono   Thanks for the ideas.....I get lost in Etsy and spend way too much time there!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Nonametoday   JCPenney (both tops).  The striped shell is Liz Claiborne.  The blouse is St John's Bay.

@Bird mama 

Yes, I do recall you saying you got them at JC Penney prior to that.  My forgetfulness.  thank you for being gracious.