Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/7

Good morning!

The boards have been wonky this morning- it took me a bit to sign in.

What is new with everyone?

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/7

LLB deal of the day is boots! Item #: TL505747

Two colors, $59.99, down from $175.

Deal expires today at 2 p.m. ET, unless they sell out before.

Product Details

These sleek, stylish pull-on ankle boots are expertly crafted in Brazil, using handselected suede with a rich color and a remarkably supple feel.

Size & Fit
  • For half sizes not offered order next size up.
Specs
  • Heel Height: 1".

Construction
  • Water-resistant oiled suede upper.
  • Contoured cushioning EVA foam insole gives you outstanding step-in comfort and support.
  • Rubber outsole with grooved treads for traction.
  • Leather pull loop at heel and stretch goring at side for easy on/off.
  • Stylish leather-wrapped stacked heel.
  • EVA/rubber midsole.
  • Leather-covered insole. Cotton-twill lining in toe box; suede-lined heel cup.
  • Made in Brazil.

Women's Westport Ankle Boots, Oiled Suede

Women's Westport Ankle Boots, Oiled Suede

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. I got a nice Marshalls haul yesterday for around $150. Two Calvin Klein dresses $40 each-green and animal print. Tommy Hilfiger lightweight red white and navy argyle sweater, Calvin Klein sleeveless print shell to wear under my Poshmark Theory bargain blazer. And some home items.

The green CK dress is the shorter version of my obsessive CK red dress. It is the most flattering dress I've ever put on my body- pic below. I love the construction of the tulip sleeves too.

I have three occasions coming up-the musical Once, Tony Bennett (hopefully he won't have to cancel, he just cancelled some shows due to a virus). And the ballet Giselle, got a third row half price ticket. I've never seen that and I'm excited about it.

11207028.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Greeneyedlady21 

Good morning!

Great boots, @lolakimono 

Beautiful dress, @Greeneyedlady21 

You sure did make a haul on your buying trip!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

When I was in Marshalls yesterday there was an older lady shopping with her daughter. As I see every time I'm in there and it's painful because of my Mom. At one point the lady started speaking to me and she said oh I'm sorry I thought you were my daughter. I said oh that's ok don't worry about that at all. Inside I was falling apart.

I'm still my Mom's daughter and I always will be but I'm sure everyone here understands. Crying typing it, haven't told anyone else about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 

There is a saying from "Winnie the Pooh" I will try to quote:

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult."

You are so lucky to have had that kind of relationship with your mom. There are some of us that didn't.

🥰

6EF19328-B4FF-4B23-9E7F-41DE65470818.jpeg

I will add also that I feel this way every time I leave our grandchildren behind. I thought I would DIE when we left LaLexi🎀 the first couple of years. Feel same about the parents except they are older and more capable of fending for themselves in this world. At this time, the grands are starting to break away from lots of need .... they are developing "coping skills."

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 I know I am. I'm always sensitive to the fact that not everyone has/had. We had the usual difficulties that everyone has, and some that went beyond the usual. But we were best friends and had a true deep love for each other. And obviously at the end we went through things that made our bond stronger than ever.

Before the lady in Marshalls said that I saw her dancing to the store music. She was so cute, she was all dolled up for her shopping trip and whatever else they were doing. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

There are so many of those things I miss from my daughter... it is hard sometimes because you can't go back. The shopping trips were especially priceless. There is nobody I would/could enjoy this more with.

PS we usually shopped for her! Not always, but mostly!

With age I find myself thinking of timesvin erasvgone by ... much more than necessary. Trying to put it all in perspective, I suppose. What do they say... hindsight is 20/20?

But your wounds are still very fresh.💔

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Greeneyedlady21 

I am still on an AnyBody knitsvkuck.

The jogger pants are great and I am in the process of adding additional elastic to the waistband.

My flannel pj pants have the perfect waistband (drawstring plus elastic) and wanting  my joggers to have same. 

I have now ordered three pair of joggers and at least three corded-hem stripe tops to go with. I'm trying to decide on colors and sizes. 

One of my most favorite is the pair of thermal knit, "faded plum" ones. The fabric is full of body.... still would not wear these out for "date night" though.

Respected Contributor

good morning ladies.   i was really touched by your shopping story @Greeneyedlady21 .   

love those boots @lolakimono , and that is such a good price.  

i was loving that joan rivers top with the plaid, but not too crazy about the price.  

it's a quiet saturday morning here with my dog at my side and my coffee at my other side ...  hope everyone enjoys their saturday!