Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/12

@lolakimono   I read about your week and I feel like I need go back to bed. I'm actually tired for you.  For what it's worth I saw the skulls on the pink boots and think you need to buy them for all of the pain and suffering that you're going through.  I'm convinced even more that teaching is a calling. 

@PINKdogWOOD   I just said my novenas this morning and you and Bob are always included.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz   You are not kidding.  Lola's schedule would have many people sitting in a corner rocking back and forth.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I'm sorry that your medication was delayed.  I'm surprised that it happened with UPS however I know every delivery service slips once in a while.  I'm glad you're feeling better after your treatment.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

The week before I spent 90 minutes on a meet getting her to save a Word doc as a PDF and upload it to our school's website.  

how can you have a job now and not know how to do that, 

youtube tutorials 

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono @Lisa Y @magicmoodz @twinny70 @sligo 

5A4140F1-8F9E-40D3-8379-5BE52637DC1A.jpegE9FDAF85-AEA2-4828-AF1A-F061C8647106.jpeg

Two stitch fix items. I have the athletic shoes and they fit! The purse I have a different style from the same company, but returning for this since it's blue which is better for me.

@LTT1  

Love your new shoes!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Wow I woke up full of energy, I did my weekly treatment yesterday. The shipment of my medication was delayed by UPS, on Wed when it was supposed to arrive I was pretty ballistic. I was literally lied to by my point person who claimed the package was out for delivery and she was seeing something different on UPS tracking that I was well it was not delivered until Thurs which is the day I usually do my treatment. Annoying, this pharmacy handles all sorts of infusable and injectable drugs not just for the issues  I have 

do you have a UPS login to check your package status.??

if not get one and you can track all your stuff

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum   The minute these callers ring me up from India with Tim on the other end I slam the phone down as hard I can without breaking the receiver. YES I'M OLD, we still use our landline. This is why we kept it, SO fun to be able to do this in Tim's ear!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a run on calls like this a few years ago except then it the $250.00. Long story short, my local cvs clerk and I talked about this one day about people coming in wanting visa cards to pay these "fees". All of the sales people who worked there were told not to sell these to custoners for such scammers.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Stunners Ms Lola, no doubt. Would you mind terribly to take a full on shot and post of these so I can see the full skulls PLEASE???

@lolakimono 

@PINKdogWOOD 

I would if I owned them, but they're already sold out on the Old Gringo site and the ones that I posted are the best view of them.  I can't find any other images of them online.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:
@lolakimono
Well, duh didn’t they think this would happen? (Kids just dropping in but not really attending)?
The PTB are going to need to let go of old fashioned ideas of “control” of students AND teachers because in this climate of learning by distance, they just can’t.

@LTT1 

Basically it's all on the teachers.  Depending on when I take attendance, the numbers change, so you have the kid who starts class and disappears, because he thinks he has been counted as present.

Probably what they are going to say is that we are going to have to track via their assignments if they did the work at night and then go back and "correct" their attendance.  They want us to bend over backwards so that kids can access our content at any time, which means pre-recording, linking all work to our presentation, posting the copies in Google Classroom and responding to all of their questions.  This is in addition to the time that we have scheduled help blocks (daily) and office hours.  So someone who doesn't attend class, doesn't attend help sessions, doesn't message us during office hours, is worth more time than the kid who IS showing up for class, doing the work in real time, and is asking questions in class, when we can share our screen and explain.  There is no incentive for those kids to show up on time and attend to learning, unless there is a parent who is there supervising that they sign in.  

@lolakimono  I have always found it troubling that kids who are invested and do the work get overlooked.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   Yes I can, thank you. I love the skulls! I need to plunge and get myself a pair.