Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/12

Good Morning Style Sisters!

I survived the first four days with students.

What's new with you?

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 9/12

@lolakimono 

Wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!

And so... how was it?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have a reward in mind for myself.

• pink
  • skulls

What more do I need?Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

That'll work!

They are beautiful!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!

And so... how was it?

@LTT1 

I think we are contemplating "work to rule."

Everything takes three times as long as it does normally.

I now have TWO laptops plugged in and an additional monitor to be able to present my screen and "see" the kids who are in the meet AND monitor the chat feature.  Otherwise you can't see what they are doing/typing if you are sharing your screen.

Every minute of the day is micromanaged, between 8-4.  I have kids who will sign on, muted, no camera, and when I engage with them, nothing.  I had a kid who was on a meet for 45 minutes, when it was time to go he was still but ignored me (probably because he was never in front of the computer in the first place) and then I had to leave the meet to get onto my next one.  If the teacher leaves first, the kid can remain on an open meet, which is a problem, but I can't have six meetings open at once and have any sort of speed on the internet.  There have been all sorts of inappropriate "happenings" with kids on the meets.

This weekend I have to finish the student version of the lesson, so all the kids who didn't show up can access the content.

I also have to create and submit 6 classes of sub plans.  (My French teacher, with 5 preps, has to submit 30 sub plans by Friday). 

I have to plan our departmental meeting (weekly now instead of monthly) with agenda and meeting codes, as well as prepare our Monday morning message, a newsletter that all DCs publish on Mondays. 

Then I have to look at everyone's teaching schedules and set the collaborative planning times for each level, attach the meet codes, and submit to my admin and to my content coordinator.

I am co-sponsoring the Spanish honor society, and since we didn't have a spring intitiation I have to have one in the fall, even if it's virtual, so I have to get the paperwork and membership firmed up with headquarters.

In my free time I also need to grade the work that will come in on Sunday evening and update the gradebook.  

Oh, and my intern will now be back in the fall (he had accepted a job but it fell through so now he is "behind" in his hours for interning).

On Monday we are supposed to start recording lessons, and if we don't have permission for ONE student to have the microphone/camera on, then we need to pre-record our instructional blocks so that kids who can't attend class can watch them and get caught up.

I was also asked to sign up for (VOLUNTEER WITHOUT PAY) to come into school between 4-7 each evening next week to help them pass out materials and textbooks.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I have a reward in mind for myself.

• pink
  • skulls

What more do I need?Cat Very Happy

Beautiful boots @lolakimono .  I don't see skulls. Is it too early in the am?😊

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!

And so... how was it?

@LTT1 

I think we are contemplating "work to rule."

Everything takes three times as long as it does normally.

I now have TWO laptops plugged in and an additional monitor to be able to present my screen and "see" the kids who are in the meet AND monitor the chat feature.  Otherwise you can't see what they are doing/typing if you are sharing your screen.

Every minute of the day is micromanaged, between 8-4.  I have kids who will sign on, muted, no camera, and when I engage with them, nothing.  I had a kid who was on a meet for 45 minutes, when it was time to go he was still but ignored me (probably because he was never in front of the computer in the first place) and then I had to leave the meet to get onto my next one.  If the teacher leaves first, the kid can remain on an open meet, which is a problem, but I can't have six meetings open at once and have any sort of speed on the internet.  There have been all sorts of inappropriate "happenings" with kids on the meets.

This weekend I have to finish the student version of the lesson, so all the kids who didn't show up can access the content.

I also have to create and submit 6 classes of sub plans.  (My French teacher, with 5 preps, has to submit 30 sub plans by Friday). 

I have to plan our departmental meeting (weekly now instead of monthly) with agenda and meeting codes, as well as prepare our Monday morning message, a newsletter that all DCs publish on Mondays. 

Then I have to look at everyone's teaching schedules and set the collaborative planning times for each level, attach the meet codes, and submit to my admin and to my content coordinator.

I am co-sponsoring the Spanish honor society, and since we didn't have a spring intitiation I have to have one in the fall, even if it's virtual, so I have to get the paperwork and membership firmed up with headquarters.

In my free time I also need to grade the work that will come in on Sunday evening and update the gradebook.  

Oh, and my intern will now be back in the fall (he had accepted a job but it fell through so now he is "behind" in his hours for interning).

On Monday we are supposed to start recording lessons, and if we don't have permission for ONE student to have the microphone/camera on, then we need to pre-record our instructional blocks so that kids who can't attend class can watch them and get caught up.

I was also asked to sign up for (VOLUNTEER WITHOUT PAY) to come into school between 4-7 each evening next week to help them pass out materials and textbooks.  

insane

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz 

Old Gringo Dulce Calavera Boots Pink BL3233-5 Photo

@lolakimono 

Ah, very subtle! 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Your days sound horrific. I wonder what the long-term effects of distance learning will be.