Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/24

@lolakimono wrote:

Thursday night I decided to go to bed around 8.  I was feeling poorly, and I had to go to work on Friday.

I was up virtually once an hour, due to storms, cats, bathroom, etc.  I ended up on the sofa, and had to creep upstairs to turn the 3:45 gym alarm off before it woke up BF.

I slept with a heating pad, had terrible abdominal pains and back pain.  When I got up for work, I started to get breakfast but was sweating so profusely I had to to back to the bathroom (dry heaves).  

I ate crackers to help with the nausea but didn't have my a.m. iced tea as my stomach was still swirling.  I went into work because the doctor didn't open until 8 and I had to report by 7.  I called and got an appointment with the NP for 9.  I'm thinking kidney stone.  It's that level of pain, the sweating/vomiting, back pain, etc.

I leave school to go to the doctor, wait about 20 minutes, when the office manager says that the NP is running behind and probably won't be in until 11.  Cat Mad  I am sitting in the waiting room, in agony, and chilled to the bone.

Finally I go in, get an ultrasound.  Nothing IN the kidneys, not seeing gallstones, and no WBC in urine.  They order a CT of the abdomen, in case there is a small stone stuck in transit.  I went for that in the afternoon.  I got some meds for nausea, but now I am waiting all weekend for results.  It could be diverticulitis, but then I will have to start over with the diagnosis.

So now I am just pushing fluids all weekend, taking pain meds to get rid of the lack of caffeine headache and belly/back pain, and eating thinned out mashed potatoes.

I am presenting at our PD on Monday, so I hope to feel better by then!

terrible 

hoping u feel better 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I'm sorry to read you're certainly not feeling yourself and to have to wait over the weekend to push forward with what's ailing you doesn't make it any easier. It's amazing you were able to have a CT scan so quickly.  If you or your BF can find sugared ginger pieces try this for your upset tummy. I'm telling you ever since a friend of mine turned me onto ginger, I'm never without. Even with indigestion, eating a piece or two (or three) is amazing how it settles everything. I know this isn't a cure but your tummy will thank you.

Here's hoping nothing really serious is causing your problem(s). Get well soon, how unfortunate all of this decided to happen when school is starting. Take care of yourself my friend.

Honored Contributor

Dansko A350311: So comfortable! 20190822_151826.jpg 

Stop back after my walk!

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@lolakimono feel better!  That doesn't sound good at all!  Diverticulitis is tough.  Did you consume somthing that would trigger it? 

@Jtdmum 

According to Merck-

Doctors no longer think diverticulitis is caused by eating nuts, seeds, corn, or popcorn.

Ironically, I eat a lot of fiber and I drink a lot of water too.  This week was the white rice (cooked in bone broth) and pardina lentils (also cooked in bone broth) show- I just mixed it up with different veggies each day.  Yesterday's lunch (which I had left at school) was a sweet potato.  

Honored Contributor

847CFA88-ABFC-4E12-B7E6-A84BB6A636D2.jpg

Wild fable,  I have the jumpsuit in black, and in true Q fashion "get complements everytime" I wear it. so had to get the new camo version,  the jeans  high rise wide leg.

not too wide or too long,

both under $25 each,  even tho Wild Fable is junior there's some good stuff there 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Sorry hearing your sick. Heart

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Thursday night I decided to go to bed around 8.  I was feeling poorly, and I had to go to work on Friday.

I was up virtually once an hour, due to storms, cats, bathroom, etc.  I ended up on the sofa, and had to creep upstairs to turn the 3:45 gym alarm off before it woke up BF.

I slept with a heating pad, had terrible abdominal pains and back pain.  When I got up for work, I started to get breakfast but was sweating so profusely I had to to back to the bathroom (dry heaves).  

I ate crackers to help with the nausea but didn't have my a.m. iced tea as my stomach was still swirling.  I went into work because the doctor didn't open until 8 and I had to report by 7.  I called and got an appointment with the NP for 9.  I'm thinking kidney stone.  It's that level of pain, the sweating/vomiting, back pain, etc.

I leave school to go to the doctor, wait about 20 minutes, when the office manager says that the NP is running behind and probably won't be in until 11.  Cat Mad  I am sitting in the waiting room, in agony, and chilled to the bone.

Finally I go in, get an ultrasound.  Nothing IN the kidneys, not seeing gallstones, and no WBC in urine.  They order a CT of the abdomen, in case there is a small stone stuck in transit.  I went for that in the afternoon.  I got some meds for nausea, but now I am waiting all weekend for results.  It could be diverticulitis, but then I will have to start over with the diagnosis.

So now I am just pushing fluids all weekend, taking pain meds to get rid of the lack of caffeine headache and belly/back pain, and eating thinned out mashed potatoes.

I am presenting at our PD on Monday, so I hope to feel better by then!

@lolakimono  ... oh my gosh.    back in june, i was feeling poorly, thinking it was flu, then full moon (migraine) then i was sure i had kidney infection which led me to ER where i underwent emergency surgery for a perforated bowel.  (i was sure it was a kidney infection LOL).  anyway, i have had diverticulosis for many, many years ... but without any issues, so much so that i totally forgot i even had it.  i guess what i wanted to say was that i hope you stay on top of this and listen to your body. as a result of my ER trip,  i have a colostomy right now, but very fortunately will have this reversed in october ... but that means another whole week in the hospital and another several weeks of recovery at home.   i hope you will stay on top of this (have you been diagnosed with diverticulosis?) and maybe be able to avoid what i had to go through.  i will be watching for updates and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @lolakimono   I need to catch up on what's been written.  I had my fun yesterday.  Today I will be mowing the grass, lol.  It's borderline chilly outside which is the best temp for me to chase around with a lawnmower.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

Thank you.  It scares the #&^* out of me, but I'm hoping that since I also sent a copy to my gastro, that if he sees something it will be handled without having to start over with diagnosis.  I have had this once before, and he put me on Flagyl plus another one, but the CT never revealed anything.  

Did you have back pain as well?

My abdomen feels like when I had appendicitis.  

Honored Contributor

Oh boy @lolakimono   I am so very sorry you are sick with that kind of pain and nausea.  I can handle joint pain, bone pain, a bad burn, etc. What I can't handle is anything that involves nausea.  I know over the years you've needed to be careful with IBS.  Is diverticulitis common with IBS?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise