Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/22

@SoX 

Here is the recipe...would you rather have a link?

63490EC0-0C6F-4526-9C3A-5C410C2E7CB4.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

If you don't mind, please send me the link ... I can't read the type in your post ... thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

It's so true, isn't it?

One day it was a wreck... the next day it was his tooth.

We did get a nice tour of PA we hadn't been to yet... 

Crafton PA 

FC983B25-D50C-4E0E-9A79-D10AB6437CAF.jpeg

958B33B0-233E-4791-8E7E-FFFEC3A0C0A3.jpeg

The Service King in Crafton is the business our ins. uses. Then, the associate from Hertz took us from Service King to the Hertz place, which was in a Marriott. The route was quite "country".

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

It looks like what they call a Dutch Baby or Dutch Pancake

@LTT1 wrote:

@twinny70 @lolakimono @Bird mama @SoX @jackthebear 

My eyes saw this and I have been thinking about it every day since!

529C1D66-466A-466C-ACE8-13588561FF04.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

LTT1, I am glad that your DH wasn't seriously injured in the car accident.  One of my Pet Peeves is seeing things growing so close to a road sign when we are traveling in an area that we are not familiar with.    So far this year, all of our vacation plans have been cancelled, but I have Big Hopes for 2021.

Bird Mama. I have been to the dentist probably 4 times since the beginning of June.  It's a small dental office in a nearby town.  We have to sit in the 🚗🚗🚗 until they come out for us.  Then they ask me 4 questions outside and take my temperature when I get inside. Only one patient at a time in the waiting room.  There is a dental hygienist, but she is in a different room.  They are all masked & wear a shield.  Go & get it over with.  I have a dental appointment on Thursday to have a crown prep started.  Then I have to go back to have the crown put on & a cavity fixed & an impression done for my partial. Then hopefully, I am all done.

Sox, you have chosen a beautiful bracelet and Christmas tree.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy the day with your sister

@SoXThat tree is really pretty

@lolakimono  Wishing you a smooth semester

@LTT1  Glad to know that your DH wasn't hurt in the accident

We broke heat records here over 110 degrees for a week. I stayed in the house. Today it's cloudy and a few degrees cooler. I ordered a mattress topper with memory foam & gel that arrived this week. I'd like to get a new mattress and another adjustable frame and purge an extra queen bed if I ever get to move east. I'm actually thinking of a small house if I don't find a condo. I'd need a lawn service and a snow plow service. Hmmn.

I also bought the Louis D Big Deal sweater in bisque and the matching midi skirt. I hope to find boots in a similar color this fall, and I'm still in search of green boots.

image.png         image.png

Have a good week, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the birthday wishes @Desert Lily   Love the sweater and coordinating skirt.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono @Bird mama @twinny70 @LTT1   Apparently I'm a bit slow......OMGoodness.....Happy BIrthday @Bird mama !!  Hope you have a great day!!!

Service here at the water was terrible yesterday, never got back online until later last night and just checked email etc..

Happy Sunday and Happiest ever birthday again @Bird mama !

Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

It's been a busy couple of weeks for us and the kitties.

Our toaster stopped doing anything when we pushed the lever, so we ordered a new one with four slots (fancy!).

Our refrigerator crisper drawers started collecting water, so we had the appliance dude out to take off the back panel, defrost, and now we can enjoy crisp veggies again. 

Our neighbors (attached townhouse) had their solar panels removed (NOISE!), then they had a new roof put on, and then the solar panels were reinstalled.  Kitties= scared!

Almost two weeks ago we took the kitties for their shots, and by Friday Mr. Handsome was in distress.  Last Saturday was the return trip to the vet for anti-nausea meds and sub Q fluids.

Last weekend I was getting a lot of spam posts on my phone, randomly opening websites when I got a text message, blah blah, so on Monday I took it to Verizon for an intervention. He changed out the SIM card but could not fix it, so they sent a new phone overnight.  I had to change my number (long story short) and update all my contacts, so that was the bulk of the day on Tuesday.  On Wednesday I had to call all of the doctors who send texts to verify appointments, my hairdresser, and the furniture stores we ordered from.

On Tuesday, my new treadmill arrrived, so BF and I got it down to the basement and put it together, and I was in business to exercise in the evening.  So far I really like it.  I was able to put my lapdesk over the handlebars, so now I can read my Kindle and hang on.

In June, we ordered a new sofa, and they said it would be about 6 weeks. Then they called two weeks or so ago and said it was delayed.  I called the guy on Wednesday to update my new number.  On Thursday he called me and said that the sofa was in (on Wednesday it was in MEXICO), and could we take delivery on Fri,. Sat,. Mon. or Tues.  I wanted the sofa to be delivered at a time when it would not interrupt work meetings, so we chose Friday (as in yesterday).  On Thursday I called a dude from Next Door, who came with a buddy and hauled the other sofa to the dump.  He had a "familiar" last name, and after a chat we realized that I teach with his ex-wife.  I'll probably have him come back in Oct. or Nov. to get rid of the chairs/ottomans when the new ones come in.

Yesterday was the new sofa delivery, with the three hour window of waiting.  The cats were a bit miffed that they went overnight without a sofa.  (They were hiding under the old one when the guy came to take it to the dump).  We have been monitoring since the boy cat likes to S-C-R-A-T-C-H.

That's my week (plus a few) in a glance. 

Mr. Handsome will not return for the feline distemper shot, per the vet's okay.  

@lolakimono 

Wow, you have been through a lot in just a couple of weeks.. I hope that you get some time to relax.. When we downsized from our "big" house we decided a townhome was the best choice.. we have since realized that might not have been the best idea.. A ranch style home would be better for various reasons. Have a great Sunday..

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

Thank you...yes I wish they would do something about the intersection that is overgrown!

DH lost part of his tooth last week too. This morning we did a "dental scramble" because the dental insurance for his health plan was not clear.

So, after calling a dental surgeon that was on our ins. And asking them for a referral, it was great to find out that they recommended the dentist we pass every single day! (At the top of the hill!) lol

They offered to see him Wednesday and his new insurance will start Wednesday.