Super Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/22

@lolakimono 

Good Morning!  Everyone have a nice day.. its cloudy and light rain here.. I do like the TSV but I have so many of her butters, I wont be getting this.. but for those who do, enjoy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@ LTT1 Confusing schedule. Wonder how long this schedule. will last. 

Yes, can't you just see it? How many students will show up to the wrong class on the wrong day? LOL

At least at this particular school, there is good parental involvement, so hopefully less "mistakes". We'll see.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@DbinMD wrote:

@lolakimono 

Good Morning!  Everyone have a nice day.. its cloudy and light rain here.. I do like the TSV but I have so many of her butters, I wont be getting this.. but for those who do, enjoy!

yes I like them too

but have enough,  but I did want to try the lavender 

and I just don't want to order anything from Q right now

Super Contributor

@jackthebear 

I know what you mean about ordering..The past few things that I have ordered have gotten here fairly quickly.. 

I love lavender but I am not sure how I feel about the citrus with it.. I think if I was to order, I would try the vanilla fig.

Honored Contributor

It's been a busy couple of weeks for us and the kitties.

Our toaster stopped doing anything when we pushed the lever, so we ordered a new one with four slots (fancy!).

Our refrigerator crisper drawers started collecting water, so we had the appliance dude out to take off the back panel, defrost, and now we can enjoy crisp veggies again. 

Our neighbors (attached townhouse) had their solar panels removed (NOISE!), then they had a new roof put on, and then the solar panels were reinstalled.  Kitties= scared!

Almost two weeks ago we took the kitties for their shots, and by Friday Mr. Handsome was in distress.  Last Saturday was the return trip to the vet for anti-nausea meds and sub Q fluids.

Last weekend I was getting a lot of spam posts on my phone, randomly opening websites when I got a text message, blah blah, so on Monday I took it to Verizon for an intervention. He changed out the SIM card but could not fix it, so they sent a new phone overnight.  I had to change my number (long story short) and update all my contacts, so that was the bulk of the day on Tuesday.  On Wednesday I had to call all of the doctors who send texts to verify appointments, my hairdresser, and the furniture stores we ordered from.

On Tuesday, my new treadmill arrrived, so BF and I got it down to the basement and put it together, and I was in business to exercise in the evening.  So far I really like it.  I was able to put my lapdesk over the handlebars, so now I can read my Kindle and hang on.

In June, we ordered a new sofa, and they said it would be about 6 weeks. Then they called two weeks or so ago and said it was delayed.  I called the guy on Wednesday to update my new number.  On Thursday he called me and said that the sofa was in (on Wednesday it was in MEXICO), and could we take delivery on Fri,. Sat,. Mon. or Tues.  I wanted the sofa to be delivered at a time when it would not interrupt work meetings, so we chose Friday (as in yesterday).  On Thursday I called a dude from Next Door, who came with a buddy and hauled the other sofa to the dump.  He had a "familiar" last name, and after a chat we realized that I teach with his ex-wife.  I'll probably have him come back in Oct. or Nov. to get rid of the chairs/ottomans when the new ones come in.

Yesterday was the new sofa delivery, with the three hour window of waiting.  The cats were a bit miffed that they went overnight without a sofa.  (They were hiding under the old one when the guy came to take it to the dump).  We have been monitoring since the boy cat likes to S-C-R-A-T-C-H.

That's my week (plus a few) in a glance. 

Mr. Handsome will not return for the feline distemper shot, per the vet's okay.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

I got a pair of "your" shoe boots....KC.

Need to try them on.

Yesterday we stopped and picked up large plastic bins (2) for bottom of closet shoes/purses. So, the organization continues.

Got them from BBB and the cost was a far cry from the days when one could pick these up for $1. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

The main thing is that Mr. Handsome is now well!

You certainly DID have a very busy week.

Do you have an area set up just for teaching? Somehow, it seems a little weird that the students will be seeing all of their teachers in a their homes for classes?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

The main thing is that Mr. Handsome is now well!

You certainly DID have a very busy week.

Do you have an area set up just for teaching? Somehow, it seems a little weird that the students will be seeing all of their teachers in a their homes for classes?

@LTT1 

Sort of- I posted about it here:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/My-eLearning-Nook/m-p/6443292#M219560

Honored Contributor

My fashion purchase this week was a NWT silk scarf from Shopgoodwill.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @DbinMD @jackthebear @sligo 

Hi to @DbinMD 

PACKAGE GONE AWRY (story)

Ordered makeup from a company called Omiana ...this is the largest I have ever ordered (without titanium)

Forgot to change to new address...tried to change it immediately

Filed a "package intercept" with USPS

Got many text messages ... package sat at post office 4 days...on site got "package could not be intercepted"

Got new messages that package had been re-routed with new tracking #

Have been getting more messages this morning about the package being at Ft. Worth USPS center

At least it isn't sitting on the doorstep with the new people at our old house.