Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/18

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Gardenia-Longline-Jacket-Yay-or-Nay/m-p/4853635#M521258

@lolakimono

It looks great on you, Lola. The sleeves aren't compromised by turning up a cuff either. I don't think my arms are short, but often sleeves are too long on me. But then again, I am sensitive to any excess fabric.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz

Are you going to go check it out?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Bird mama

Any more Hoffa sightings? Cat LOL

No, lol 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good morning all! I'm late to the party. 

@lolakimono

That coat looks great on you. It's very cute!  I have one more week of freedom before I go back to school. I was Department Head for 3 years and it was very stressful. My stipend was $500 a year and when you divided up the money by the hours it was minimal! And my situation was no where near as stressful or responsible as your position sounds. You are a hard worker and I know you will do well but try not to let them dominate your time with silly, departmental duties. They (the administration) will dump things on you that they don't want to do. Just some advice from an "old" teacher friend.

Changing the subject- I ordered those two Denim & Co blouses on Wednesday and they are still in process!?! What's the holdup!?!

To the rest of you ladies- have a great weekend and may God bless you and your families!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX

I hope you are on the phone, getting some resolution to your computer problem.

Computer has been taken over by aliens!  Will explain later.  

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal

Thank you.  Your experience is the norm.  There is one DC planning period per day and one personal planning per day.  Guess how that one DC planning period will probably be spent?Cat Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX

I hope you are on the phone, getting some resolution to your computer problem.

Computer has been taken over by aliens!  Will explain later.  

@lolakimono 

Tim (Murphy):  "Well ... here we are, back in the  car again..."

Dr. Alan Grant:   ... At least we're out of the tree ..."

(original Jurassic Park ... I'm a fan)

So ... here I am ... using my keyboard again.  It's all fixed, thanks to the Sony technician taking over my computer. 

By way of background ... when I purchased this computer online, the sales associate recommended that in addition to the regular keyboard, I should get the vitual "touch screen" as well.  Big mistake ... my computer is now six years old, plus some months, and I'd never used the touch screen ... not once.

About ten days or so ago, this virtual keyboard kept popping up ... without warning; along with other little icons like arrows going nowhere or saying "zoom in,"  "zoom out,"  etc.  It got to be so annoying, but I kept hoping they would go away.   They didn't.

This morning when I tried to log on to AM Live Chat ... zip, nothing; and I couldn't sign in on the keyboard.  I used my Kindle to holla for your help ... (by the way, a big thanks).

Longer story short ... I signed up with Sony for $19/month for a yearly service contract.  I could have opted for a one-time charge of $70, but since I want to keep this computer running for a few more years (hopefully), well ...

This great tech took over my computer, with my permission of course ... ran all the diagnostics, cleaned up untold number of unnecessary files, ran scans, malwarebytes, etc.  Apparently an electrical shortage prompted the virtual keyboard of go beserk and finally overtake the real keyboard by not letting it respond to commands; and not letting me in get rid of it (the virtual).   In effect, my keyboard was held hostage. 

Well, here I am ... back on the forum again ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Good Morning and Good God @lolakimono  I just read the update early in this thread.  Wow, I hope you are getting more money aka hazard pay for this.  

@Bird mama  ...

I bookmarked that Aretha 23 song playlist that you posted yesterday ... (haven't had time to listen yet).  Did you find the other one you wanted ... may I have it?

Honored Contributor

@SoX

Glad to hear that you're back!Cat Happy

Are you sure it wasn't your DH trying to slow your poncho roll? Cat Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX

Glad to hear that you're back!Cat Happy

Are you sure it wasn't your DH trying to slow your poncho roll? Cat Wink

@lolakimono  ...  

Still laughing ... that's great!Woman LOL  

I had to change correct a few words that otherwise didn't make sense to anyone but moi ... hope y'all don't think I'm loopy.   And if you've never seen the original Jurassic Park, please disregard my opening ... Smiley Wink