Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/18

Good morning!

It's my last weekend of "freedom" before school starts, although I have been to my new school twice this week already.

I have done some pre-viewing, and here's what I would highlight.

Skechers Embroidered Lace-Up Sneakers - A309536

https://www.qvc.com/Skechers-Embroidered-Lace-Up-Sneakers.product.A309536.html  

Laurie Felt Embroidered Open Front Jacket - A309539

https://www.qvc.com/Laurie-Felt-Embroidered-Open-Front-Jacket.product.A309539.html

Turbie twists, for those who like them.

Set of 4 Paisley and Solid Color 100% Cotton Turbie Twists - V36056

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-4-Paisley-and-Solid-Color-100-Cotton-Turbie-Twists.product.V36056.html

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/18

@lolakimono

Good morning!

The Laurie Felt jacket looks cute to me!

How is it going?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

I'm in a relationship with my heating pad, LOL.

BF came back from the beach, so now I can relax.  I have been doing lots of lifting with the textbook stack & pack, reaching on high shelves, changing out the water cooler bottles, etc. and I am paying for it in my neck/back.

What are you up to this weekend?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Oh, well... I am (unmentionable) waiting waiting. More later.

Sorry the heavy object work has got you lying down. Any news on that front?

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning @lolakimono @LTT1. Happy Saturday!

Lola, here's wishing you a rewarding and FUN year ahead in your new digs. You got this!

Honored Contributor

sitting here watching the bra show,

line up looks dull 

Leah looks amazing

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz

@LTT1

RE the new digs, I feel like I'm trapped in a country song, LOL.

My school has more than 70 places that have tested positive for LEAD at higher than acceptable levels.  The solution, is to turn off those outlets, so you might have a bathroom where you can flush the toilet, but not wash your hands.Cat Frustrated

Somehow, we have more than 3,000 textbooks in inventory for my department, so I went in early to clean them out and get rid of them.  (There is a process for this).  The ones I discovered were not even on the inventory, and one title was one that I used in HS, LOL.  These were not just "out of date", they had been hanging on for decades probably.

The floor below me is having asbestos removed.Cat Surprised

In my building there is no elevator, which would not be a problem if I weren't on the 3rd floor.  I have not moved a single thing in, because I don't know about the classroom situations yet.  I think I will have to be a floater, but until I see how this is going to go, I have all of my classroom temporarily housed in my LR.

I thought we had one closet, but I discovered two more, filled with "treasures" like filmstrips, records, old flags/papers, slides, and cassettes.Cat Mad

The ceiling of the closet had collapsed from our excessive rain this summer, so there were chunks of ceiling, insulation, etc. all over the exams they had been storing.

I won't move a single box into any closet unless it's in a plastic tub, but I don't want to purchase more tubs and reorganize all of my classroom items which have been temporarily packed into copy paper boxes, unless I need to.  That is a huge time/money pit that I'm trying to avoid if unnecessary.

Also, my French teacher had surgery yesterday and will be out until Oct.  If the elevator has not been replaced/inspected by then, she probably won't be able to return until it is.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

The school situation is such a travesty.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning.  All okay here.  We have had a good summer, weatherwise, so far this year in Central Fl.  No hurricane threats, warm, but not oppressive.  We always have a little breeze year round, but more so this summer.

My daughter in the Northeast has had higher temps and more humidity than us.  She and her husband are coming in two weeks for a visit and, as she said to cool off.

Only plan for the weekend is a visit from son and his family tomorrow.  

Wishing each of you a safe and fun weekend.

Edited to add.  @lolakimono I like the look of the purple sneakers, very pretty.  I don't wear tie shoes or sneakers, but those are very nice.  Like the jacket also, Looks a little like a Bob Mackie style.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Oh no! I don't know what to say that won't sound negative.😱

To try to put a positive spin on this situation I feel confident that your ability to turn  a challege around while keeping your department peeps happy is exactly why you were hired for the position. I hope that you will have support from above to carry it out.