Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/17

Good Morning Style Sisters!

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Any news on the fashion front?

I ordered some vintage scarves from Etsy to jazz up a few outfits for school.

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/17

Good morning all.
I received both the sandals and the Linea blazer I had ordered last week. Both fit perfectly and are keepers, yay! I haven't actually worn either yet, but am looking forward to doing so.
Other than that, I've had my normal insanely busy week of housework, yardwork, doc appts, medical testing for hubby, being the poolboy, etc, etc. lol
I'm glad to have a Saturday to chill.
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono @Snicks1 Good morning girls!  A bit overcast here, quite muggy too.  Nothing fashionable to report, crazy week working differnt shifts trying to cover vacations and sick time.

Bridal shower today 11a- (?)  - Cousin getting married in September.  Like all these types of events, looking forward to seeing everyone but missing a Saturday...

Tax free weekend and honestly not interested in buying anything! Clothes are tax free already, maybe I'll poke into TJMaxx or Homegoods afterwards. 

(these weekends scare me...I don't need or want anything but I end up with all kinds of s"stuff")

Enjoy the weekend.  

Lolakimono-- you must be gearing up for school year- I think kids here head back in about 10 days or so? 

Esteemed Contributor

Talked my DH into taking me to the best mall near Pgh. It’s a good hour drive from our house, so I make him an appointment for a shave and a facial while I shop. Nordstrom baby! 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and to all the Teachers have a great school year. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. Wednesday night I was back in the city to see a musical so I went back into that Marshalls to see if I could find that red Calvin Klein dress. No luck but I did find a red CK blazer for $30. I've never owned a solid red blazer that I can remember.

It's a one button and I love the way it fits except for being a little big in the chest. Could get that fixed by a tailor. I'll get so much more wear from the blazer than that dress, so it was meant to be. Plus it was cold in the theater so I cut the tags off and put it on.

I went in the TJ Maxx next door and saw the most beautiful black Tahari leather jacket in the Runway section. It was $300. I got that Tahari black leather jacket for $82, this one in TJ was on an entirely different level. It was hanging up higher and I think they have all those things tied up, so you have to ask to try it on. I wouldn't have tried it on anyway but it was beautiful.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

That Halston leather jacket looks nice until you see the 3.2 average review. Happens often with Q. Cameron Silver was wearing light wash jeans, I've never seen him wear something like that. I think the Denim and Co sweater Leah was wearing looked cute, I can only imagine the price lol. I guess $60

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

Technically I have to report on Tuesday, but I have been working behind the scenes all summer, including going in last Monday.

Now I am creating two companion websites for our curricula, and since I've been doing it for a few years they let me work from home and track the hours.  Win-win!

Kids start after Labor Day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi all

found some cute stuff at Target on the sale racks

thats about it.  there is some nice clothing there if you want to look for it 

have some shoes in my cart too

they call these lounge pants but sort of jogger style, lovely fabric . sandwashed rayon blend . grey but looks taupe from a new day

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, Style Sisters

Sorry I'm late ... went shopping at Coleen's private sale on HSN before coming here.   Also purchased two shirts at JC ... of all the cotton shirts I own, I couldn't find a "crisp" white one, and JC had a 30% off sale.

I also needed a 26" piece of luggage and ordered one for my trip in November.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Good morning everyone. Wednesday night I was back in the city to see a musical so I went back into that Marshalls to see if I could find that red Calvin Klein dress. No luck but I did find a red CK blazer for $30. I've never owned a solid red blazer that I can remember.

It's a one button and I love the way it fits except for being a little big in the chest. Could get that fixed by a tailor. I'll get so much more wear from the blazer than that dress, so it was meant to be. Plus it was cold in the theater so I cut the tags off and put it on.

I went in the TJ Maxx next door and saw the most beautiful black Tahari leather jacket in the Runway section. It was $300. I got that Tahari black leather jacket for $82, this one in TJ was on an entirely different level. It was hanging up higher and I think they have all those things tied up, so you have to ask to try it on. I wouldn't have tried it on anyway but it was beautiful.

yea Runway has some amazing stuff, my leather jacket days are behind me anyway