Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 8/15

@lolakimono   Hmmm, in my family it may not be understood however it's common knowledge that I defer to the animals that live with me.  When my eldest niece graduated from college in 2005 I went to the gathering at the restaurant and my husband stayed home with Max.  Max had undergone surgery and even though enough days had elapsed after the procedure hubs and I did not want to leave him alone.

Now that I think about it... and I am not kidding... I was married at a wedding chapel and I had a dinner reception at a nice restaurant.  I timed the ceremony and the dinner reception in a way that would guarantee Max would not be home alone for a long period of time.

Good luck with your decision - personally I'd stay home.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

HI all, still mental recovering from the power issues last week, the stress of not knowing when our power would be back and  if the remainder of the power would go out was terrible. We came home after a ride on Sunday night and power was back.

I found out that the meds I use for my weekly treatment might of been compromised, they are not supposed to be over 77 degrees and had never been sent on ice. I found that out Tuesday, the agreed to replace them on Wed and arrive on ice Thursday,  it was stress on acid.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Oh my, it's always quite a scare for us women with our men who take ill, something going on and we're in charge to contact our Drs for help and diagnosis. I hope your DH can get beyond this. I also really pray it's only dehydration. Get that man of your's to drink more water, something with electrolytes.

Take good care you two, have a great trip to the farmer's market! Continue to stay safe, wear your masks.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@lolakimono any other gyms in the area?  Mine closed mid March and just re-opened 5-6 weeks ago. 

The owner was always super clean but now is right behind you with clorox cleaner!  Never thought I'd be happy to smell bleach but right now it's a good thing. 

@Jtdmum 

The gyms haven't been open for that long either, but I saw a "scolding" post about wearing masks.  First, they were only requiring them when entering/exiting and when interacting with staff.  Then, the mask mandate for everyone, indoors, went into effect, and the posts that I saw referenced needing everyone to "do the right thing" so that they don't get shut down.  This tells me that people are not being compliant in the first place, and although they supposedly have sanitization systems in place, it is a huge warehouse type space with nooks and crannies where people can "hide" and do their own thing.  I imagine that it's the same thing in other gyms, but they can probably reduce the number of people allowed because they're in smaller spaces.  

I am really only going out for "essential" appointments like getting my allergy shot or acupuncture.  We are still having groceries delivered, and mostly we get takeout to support local restaurants.  Either BF picks it up or we get it delivered.  There is a lot of teacher backlash on Facebook because parents think that we are "essential" workers and that we are expendable, so their argument is that if we can go to Target or the grocery store, why not go to school?  I certainly don't want to contract Covid from the gym, when it's not "essential" to do exercise there.  Know what I mean?

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum   Good morning! Thanks so much for thinking of DH Bob. He's doing very well. Right now he's on the 5yr plan again for checkups. He had upper & lower CT scans early June along w/full blood panel, a week later we did a virtual appt with his lead oncologist who we love again, everything revealed nothing again. First week in Sept he repeats scans w/blood panel, probably another virtual Dr appt. The time will eventually lengthen until we're at scans once a year which will put us at yr 4 and 5 again.

He's still working, went back in March. He's a landscaper and irrigation guy so he's outside every day. Wears his mask every day as does his co-workers who really do it him as well themselves. They all get what he's been through and are all on his side in practicing good health for him.

I appreciate you and everybody here continuing to ask about Bob. It means so much! I hope you and your's are keeping safe. Continued good health to you as well!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I guess I'm assuming you live on the east coast and suffered outages from the storms last week. I hope things are back to normal for you. We know what it's like in years past to lose power. I truly feel for you, we are all lost without our comforts of life and when we have meds that we need to take extra care of, makes things even worse. Good for you to check on this with your Dr.

Take good care, continued good health.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

Check out something called Drip Drop, I bought it on Amazon, it is a powder mixed with water for super hydration, I use it the day of my infusion

@twinny70 wrote:

Other than going to the Farmer's Market with my DH and then steam mopping the floors, it's going to be a lazy day.

My DH scared the Bejeeber's out of me early Thursday morning.  I went to bed early on Wednesday night and didn't hear him come to bed.  I got up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom and before I came back out, I heard a THUD.   He fell out of bed. I didn't think much about it and went upstairs to get a drink.  Then I heard a door slam shut.  It wasn't my bathroom, so I raced back down to the basement.  He was coming out of his bathroom with a bloody arm.  Before I could get to him, he started to fall again.  Three falls in about three minutes.

I cleaned him up and bandaged his elbow.  We went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours.  After washing the sheets and the comforter,I called his Neurosurgeon at the UW -Clinic.  She is very nice and I told her what was going on & that I thought it was dehydration.  

She  asked me a lot of questions and looked at the brain scan they she took in January. She said to make sure that he hydrates himself and watch him for a few more days. He has an appointment with her in January. 

Yesterday, he was just like nothing happened.  I told him that I was going to hook him up to the garden hose.

This same thing happened in March of 2019, when we were supposed to meet my bf from HS and her dh at Applebee's for lunch.  It was our 49th wedding anniversary and we had lunch in the hospital cafeteria.  After numerous tests and three days in the hospital,  the diagnosis was dehydration.  

The good thing about this week is that we went back to the senior center gym for the first time since it shut down mid March. We went on Monday and Wednesday. The new start up rules are:   1 hour,  two days a week and only using two different machines & only 4 people at a time.  Then they completely sanitize the whole area before the next session and they do a an extra deep cleaning with a special machine at night.  On Monday, we were the only ones there & on Wednesday there was one lady there.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend. 

It's time to fix breakfast.  Cinnamon Swirl French toast with a cup of caramel cappuccino coffee.

Glenda

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I need to go about my "usual" routine, get dressed like I'm going for a walk, and get Mr. Handsome into the carrier.  The vet is about 20 minutes away, so we like to leave a little "cushion" time in case we have trouble getting him into the carrier.

Have a great weekend!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, Stay home. My concern even with social distancings virus still in air. Relax at home. Take care of kitties and enjoy a quiet day. I know I'm just selfish. Enjoy alone time. (sometimes LOL) comtemplation and reading.Prov. Heat in Alabama is causing more headaches Today high90 but humidity is terrible.. Need to go home to Ocean State. Prov

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, Style Sisters ...

I know it's a bit late ... didn't want t get up this morning.   Will probably be another hot one today.   I've got to pack up a few items for return ... things I didn't like but tried to talk myself into keeping ... now can't wait to get them back to the post office.

Got that cabin fever depression going on ... I also have asthma and have to be indoors ... I did spot a pair of yellow gingham sneakers and decided to get them since I purchased a yellow stripe headband earlier in the week.   These will not break the bank (at 50% off the sale price and a $5 reward coupon, my total was $28), and lifts my spirits immensely.  Thought of @lolakimono  and @LTT1 when I saw them, although Lola's signature color is pink.

j.crew: gola® for j.crew sneakers in gingham for women, right side, view zoomed

Also ordered these Pumas at NM ... great sale going on now, selected sizes still available

Puma Trailfox Overland Two-Tone Running Sneakers