Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🎇 A.M. Style Live Chat, 🎇 7:00, 7/4

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@twinny70   Great to know you, DH and family are well. Your hot tub sounds refreshing. We used to have one years ago but it turned into a hassle in the winters. In the summers though they are great b/c you can turn down the temp and make them oh so refreshing. Don't forget your wine while relaxing out there!

Enjoy your quiet weekend, stay safe!

PinkDogwood, we have been hot tubbing for about 18 years. I enjoy the hot tub in the cool/winter months the most.  Hot weather bothers me.  Now we mostly hot tub under the 🌟🌟🌟.   When I was at the Mayo Clinic getting my plasma pheuresis (sp)? done, my neurologist recommended water as a good way for me to go.  Since I was wheel chair/bed bound,  the hot tub was a God send for both of us.  We do enjoy a wine 🍷🍷🍷 cooler twice a year.  On NYE and our anniversary in March.  Your mammogram appt. sounds like when I go to the infusion center.  I am greeted at the door and go through the same process.  Then, I am wisked right into my room.  I can remove my mask until I am all done and heading out the door.

Honored Contributor

J Crew girls

was just in our local store

50% all full price items

never seen that before not even Black Friday

some cute graphic tees, but I have enough of them 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I don't have plans to go anywhere today either and wouldn't go if I did

My state is in the midst of spiking with huge virus numbers, so I'm still staying home. It's 108 today, too hot for a walk. I plan on making tuna salad later and avoiding heating up the kitchen. I wish I had some of those red/white/blue rocket Popsicles in the house!

One of my next door neighbors has had insomnia for most of the years I've lived here, and he paces in his driveway. I've taken the dog out at all hours of the night and when I've been on vacation and writing a novel, I've sometimes gone outside at all hours for an ideas break. He and I have chatted from our own driveways solving world problems, laughing, complaining, checking up on each other. He always asks me how I'm doing on my latest novel and asks what page I'm on. I saw him again last night when we were awoken by fireworks, as we have been every year. I told him that I'm dedicating my current novel to my "driveway pal."

On the fashion front, I ordered a few pair of my favorite socks from Nordstrom's this week. My sock drawer is about the last drawer I have to reorganize. My dressers and closets are starting to show my OCD tendencies which seem to have increased with the time I've spent at home. I'm contemplating ordering the LOGO TSV duster, but the shipping delays make me hesitant; I'll wait for the presentation to decide.

Enjoy the holiday, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Its going to be 100 degrees for the next couple of weeks and SMH over all the long sleeves, this looks like a fall wardrobe preview.....Woman Frustrated 🥵🌞  

Headlines read, most of the U.S. will soar into the 90's....🌞

Now dont give me "the air conditioning is cold talk"

Here in our city we get alerts from our electric company telling us that its a "Peak Power Day" and to set your thermostats at 80 or above CONSERVE CONSERVE CONSERVE ENGERY (no laundry, no dishwashers, no oven, charge all electronics early in the morning etc etc etc)...and they send out a ranking as to where you are in energy use compared to your neighbors and the city average and which items you use that requires the most electricity which is of course your A/C....

The Electric company can also turn off your A/C if you have their smart thermostats for 30 minutes at a time during critical peak power periods....In other words, no one needs to grab a long sleeve shirt or wrap themselves in a throw because its not gonna be very cold at all...In fact on these days Im sweating with my thermostat turned up......🥵

It seems those looking for REAL summer fashions, like me, will have to shop elsewhere....Gee, wonder if this explains why apparel sales are down for QVC and but sales are looking good from their outdoor lines, cooking, and decor in a current businss journal article!

I don't think real summer fashions ever hit the stores given they closed just as most of the summer things come in around March,  this time of the year is summer clearance moving into hate to say it early FAll

everything is all messed up 

Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy 4th of July, Lolakimono!!

It is too hot for me to be out , I am not a fan of hot and humid.  I'll be spending my weekend relaxing, reading, watching shows on TV.  Right now I am watching my tradition for this holiday weekend, Yankee Doodle Dandy and singing along!  

Everyone stay safe and be well !