Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 7/2

@lolakimono

Terrible! Just terrible!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

In addition to teaching, some of you know that I was also responsible for exterminating the mice in my classroom.

Students had to eat in the classroom due to the Covid protocols of not having 2,000 + students together in the cafeteria.

Since January, I exterminated 19 mice in my room.

There were droppings E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E- not good with asthma.

Cat Chasing Mouse GIF by SweetMintality on DeviantArt

In May, I also broke up a fight in my (former) intern's classroom.  He just stood there and stared while one girl was on top of other punching her senseless.

I jacked up both wrists and am now dealing with worker's comp, so that was pretty much the final straw.

@lolakimono wrote:

In addition to teaching, some of you know that I was also responsible for exterminating the mice in my classroom.

Students had to eat in the classroom due to the Covid protocols of not having 2,000 + students together in the cafeteria.

Since January, I exterminated 19 mice in my room.

There were droppings E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E- not good with asthma.

Cat Chasing Mouse GIF by SweetMintality on DeviantArt

In May, I also broke up a fight in my (former) intern's classroom.  He just stood there and stared while one girl was on top of other punching her senseless.

I jacked up both wrists and am now dealing with worker's comp, so that was pretty much the final straw.

One of the many many reasons why my daughter lives and teaches abroad. Much more rewarding than doing it here. 

Harmonize the World
Contributor

@lolakimono 

I've been worried about you, thanks for updating us.  Glad you were able to find another job, hate that the one you loved was so hard on you phyiscally, mentally and emotionally.  There is so much I do not understand about our school systems, but teaching children and supporting teachers seems to be the last thing on the list, if even on the list anymore.  Here where I live (SC) I've seen a big difference in when my children attended and how it is with my grand.  I was raised and raised my children to know the teacher was in charge, do as they say.  IF I ever had a question about something it was done between me and teacher without my child knowing.  Even if I may disagree I wanted my child to respect the teacher.  My thoughts were they will have co-workers and bosses one day they do not like, but they can still respect.  Sadly it seemed even your administration showed you ZERO respect.  

Hope you can fully rest and enjoy time off before your new career takes off.  Look forward to hearing what your new dress code will be and seeing how you style yourself!  

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

PA driving is like none other, to my way of thinking!

It is just very different from Texas where the roads are flat and at right angles to one another! 
Good for you for getting around! 

Love that cropped hoodie!

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 7/2!

@jackthebear wrote:

more hideous lounge stuff

I;m so EXCITED about this and foot filing!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Congratulations! It's GREAT to see you back! I know many of us have missed you. Now, don't be a stranger Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono    Congratulations on the new job.  It's a big step from education to the corporate workd, like being on a different planet.  I hope you'll be happy and are able to find something to do evenings.  Won't that be a treat, free time?

Inquiring minds want to know, what kind of work will you be doing?  A trainer of some sort, perhaps?  That's a common transition.  Best of luck and keep us posted.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   Corporate America....I know you will excel whatever the task.  Wishing you much success and joy in your new career.