Super Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 7/17

@lolakimono     As a wife of a former educator, I am watching the guidelines closely for the schools.  Since the little ones can't be vaccinated yet, it's a true concern.

I'm sorry about the death of a former student.  I didn't see your original post regarding their death.  I have empathy for your loss.  My DH has attended way too many of these over the years.  Always a deep tug on the heart.

Contributor

Lolakimono where did you see those pink boots you posted this am? Too cute
Super Contributor

Is this the longest time allowance to discuss the TSV or am I just getting crabby?

Honored Contributor

@Georgiashopper wrote:
Lolakimono where did you see those pink boots you posted this am? Too cute

@Georgiashopper 

They are the "Helena" boots at Sundance Catalog. 

Item No. 92779

They come in two colors.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Yes on masks because of the delta variant.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen wrote:

Is this the longest time allowance to discuss the TSV or am I just getting crabby?

@1 DancinQueen 

You're not wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

We've discussed these boots before.

I had them in my cart for a while, but then the price never dropped.  I was debating between these and the pink cheetah ones I posted about a few weeks ago.

There is a color called "rose wash" from LLB that I own (this shirt) so I think I will go back for the other "rose wash" products before they sell out- probably a LS tee, a SS tee, and a turtleneck.  They have some quilted pieces too but those don't appeal to me. 

@lolakimono 

j.crew: cotton baseball hat for women, right side, view zoomed

Honored Contributor

@1 DancinQueen

Lol
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Oh, in other news...

My intern has been with me for three semesters now.  His college is always slow with the checks. I get paid $300 a SEMESTER for mentoring him, which includes lots of daily help and planning for observations with his college supervisor, which we then meet to debrief.

I inquired because he finished the program in May, and it's July and no check.

Well guess what, they are not going to pay me!  He was hired as a conditional teacher in January when my veteran teacher retired mid-year, so they fast tracked his last semester, where he had his own graduate classes, his classes that he taught, and his observations/lesson plans/assignments that he had so submit on a weekly basis, plus his portfolio.

Because he was hired, although I still served as a mentor and spent at least 10 hours meeting with his college supervisor (and another 100+ hours with him on Google Meets), it doesn't "count."

Cat Mad

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your loss, @lolakimono . I read your FB posts. It's so tragic and avoidable.  I've been to two student funerals in the last 20 years.  One was a car accident and the other was a suicide.  There were a couple of others that I didn't attend. One girl was killed when her father shot and killed the entire family, and then himself. We also had a mass shooting in our district last year. In early 2021, the father of one of my students stabbed the mother to death in front of my student. We always have to remember that so many of these kids are dealing with awful home situations.  It's the dark side of teaching and it does stick with you.  Prayers for your student's family, as well as friends and classmates.

~ house cat ~