Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 6/5

I received my print tank and red Keds from JCP.  Something about those red Keds made me so happy.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

this is way off topic

any of you had air ducts cleaned in your house?

@jackthebear 

Yes, I had that done in my house in PA (built in 1940s), but not here since I put in the HVAC.

worth it or not?

@jackthebear 

At the time, it was.  Two Maine Coons and a 60+ year old house, who knows what accumulates in the ductwork. I suffer with a lot of allergies, so anytime I can remove allergens I will try and do that.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Late morning Hi to all. 

@LTT1   I, too, ordered the Jason Wu TSV in the petite green.  Loved the pockets, too.  IF I could look like the model in the pic of the swimsuit, I would have ordered that one also for sure!  Fighin' the fat accumulated during Covid while watching every series offered!  UGH.  Shorts are tight!!  

Not sure about the TSV today.  Really don't need (keep repeating, keep repeating!).  Anyone else getting the PN bag?

Graduation picnic for GS today.  Everything planned outside at a park due to Covid.  Daughter ordered food trucks because of restrictions, so no cooking or baking as we've done in the past.  Can't recall how many buckeyes and deviled eggs made for other graduation parties, so keep feeling like I'm forgetting to do something for this one!  Going to 86 today...yucky...hope humidity doesn't go high.

@lolakimono   Glad your school year is winding down for you.  Love the red kerchief sneakers.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your grandson's graduation @DancinQueen 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I received my print tank and red Keds from JCP.  Something about those red Keds made me so happy.  

@Bird mama 

I saw a woman wearing blue Keds in a restaurant last night. They were so cute that it made me want a pair. Enjoy your Keds!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Tennesseegal wrote:

Ugh! 😩 Choice boards! This year must have been a nightmare for teachers. I spoke with some friends from my school and 10 teachers were leaving- so far!

@Tennesseegal 

I believe it!

My intern did get the permanent position.  I don't think my AP wanted to conduct interviews, so who knows what they did but it didn't involve me!

I was offered $40 an hour to do some work in July, and I thought about my boot fund and was like NAH!  We spent ALL SUMMER last year completing 20 hours of PD required by the BOE to fulfill the two weeks between the original closure and when they decided what we were going to do about school.  WIth my other paid work like "grade recovery" and my usual summer gigs, I think I had about five days where there was nothing school related on my calendar.  Sometimes it's not about the money but giving time back to yourself, so I have limited gigs- three days of AVID training, an hour a day for five weeks to do a language cafe, an asynchronous (paid) behavior training and two one hour trainings about data, also paid.

As @Bird mama said, @lolakimono - you are a hard worker and so dedicated to your career and students but you need some time off. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Thank you for the good wishes - I'm going to need them. The movers are coming later than expected, but we plan to have a couple of hours on the road this evening before stopping for the night and really setting out for the journey tomorrow morning.  We're driving with the two cats, so this should be interesting.

I've missed all of you, but this year was brutal and the last thing I wanted to do was wake up at 5 am on Saturdays for MORE SCREEN TIME!  I'm hoping that once I'm in the ET zone I'll be able to watch AM Style and chat regularly with all of you again.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  Great styles!

@lolakimono  I had the navy bandanna sneakers in my cart a couple weeks ago but never checked out with them. Darling shoes!

Good morning everyone.

Another hectic week. I had the home inspection, an appraisal, and the Buyer walk-through all within 4 days of each other and passed them. The buyer said he was paying cash but then changed to getting a mortgage for half. With my state's Due Diligence law, I think he still has until today or tomorrow to back out w/o penalty, which IMO is unfair to sellers.

The buyer has asked for an addendum for my days allowed to rent that states I should waive all tenants' rights (in our state), he should be allowed to enter any time, and he should be paid a month in advance: contrary to what's in the original contract to purchase. That combined with our already 110 degree weather makes me want to leave before the closing date on 6/24. He is an investor & won't be living in this state.

I'm panicked because I've found only 1 available home that I like ... but it backs up to a highway. Ugh. I want a bedroom, full bath, laundry, kitchen, etc. on the 1st floor even if more beds & baths are upstairs. I'm thinking this is the last home I'll buy in my life.

I'm considering an extended stay hotel or other hotel for up to a month in PA. My child & I stayed in a nice hotel for a month when I built a house in NY. We swam, shopped, ate in restaurants, and had room service. But, that was  15-20 years ago.

I bought this blouse Thursday ...

image.png

Then I bought 2 bags of frozen plain banana slices and a bottle of Hershey's syrup.

Regular Contributor

@Desert Lily    Bananas and chocolate.....good TV surfing food!  Shame, shame on me!!

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Morning!!!

Can I just tell everyone?  I could live without that alarm noise that Leah thinks is so cute and fun.  It's very annoying to me.  Especially when I am just trying to be quiet at 7 am. 

Thanks for the vent.  :-) 

I did get the TSV!!  I actually got two.  I couldn't pick and I figured who cares.  I got the pink and the tiger.  

@justashopper   I also purchased the TSV in turquoise. I thought it was cute, unusual and remindedme the bag my aunt used to cary many years ago. Her's was done ina tapestry type fabric.