Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 6/5

@LTT1 

Yes, I have two weeks of acupuncture appointments lined up starting next weekend!  I'm happy to have the time again for my health and as soon as school wraps up I am headed to the gym!

Next week is graduation, and since I'm virtual, I get to do 7 hours of PD to make up for it.  Yay for me!

In my free time, I'm also reviewing for the PRAXIS, so that I can add an ESOL certification.  It requires two tests, so I'm pretty sure with some review/practice tests I can get the scores that I need to qualify.  Better than taking 15 more credits!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning and best wishes to @house_cat on her move today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Here is a pair of fun summer sneakers.

Pair View

Top View

those are fun,

Honored Contributor

this is way off topic

any of you had air ducts cleaned in your house?

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning! It's going to be hot hot hot in Pa.  That second pic of that shirt, LOVE ❤️ The sneakers are cute also. Hope your weekend is filled with successful shopping and fabulous health. ❤️🥳🙏

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

Ugh! 😩 Choice boards! This year must have been a nightmare for teachers. I spoke with some friends from my school and 10 teachers were leaving- so far!

@Tennesseegal 

I believe it!

My intern did get the permanent position.  I don't think my AP wanted to conduct interviews, so who knows what they did but it didn't involve me!

I was offered $40 an hour to do some work in July, and I thought about my boot fund and was like NAH!  We spent ALL SUMMER last year completing 20 hours of PD required by the BOE to fulfill the two weeks between the original closure and when they decided what we were going to do about school.  WIth my other paid work like "grade recovery" and my usual summer gigs, I think I had about five days where there was nothing school related on my calendar.  Sometimes it's not about the money but giving time back to yourself, so I have limited gigs- three days of AVID training, an hour a day for five weeks to do a language cafe, an asynchronous (paid) behavior training and two one hour trainings about data, also paid.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

this is way off topic

@jackthebear 

Yes, I had that done in my house in PA (built in 1940s), but not here since I put in the HVAC.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

this is way off topic

@jackthebear 

Yes, I had that done in my house in PA (built in 1940s), but not here since I put in the HVAC.

worth it or not?

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   I've thought about it over the years but I haven't had it done.  My niece had it done years ago and she said she couldn't tell a difference in her house.  

Honored Contributor

I have always admired your work ethic @lolakimono   That said, I'm happy to read that you are going to give yourself a break this summer.