Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 6/5

Good morning everyone! I think that QVC has had some really pretty things lately but I've been spending my money on my garden and flowers. I need to be saving for vacation later this summer anyway! 

@lolakimono 

Glad to hear that your work load is easing; schools are out here in Tennessee for the summer. Hang in there! 😊

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Morning!!!

Can I just tell everyone?  I could live without that alarm noise that Leah thinks is so cute and fun.  It's very annoying to me.  Especially when I am just trying to be quiet at 7 am. 

Thanks for the vent.  :-) 

I did get the TSV!!  I actually got two.  I couldn't pick and I figured who cares.  I got the pink and the tiger.  

@justashopper 

Welcome!

My boy cat does not like that noise either!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Tennesseegal @justashopper @jackthebear @4kitties 

oh! Got a swimsuit yesterday ....will post a pic later.

And a pic of the Jason Wu sundress...the smocking in back and pockets sold me.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

• Well, cats do know comfort.  LOL!!
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. Heading into a five day heat wave, too early for that already. Ugh.

Got out for my walk before six this morning. Saw a turkey standing on the top of someone's fence. That was interesting🦃

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal 

I am easing my work load, LOL.

We have to have a minimum of 9 grades, plus the exam, so one per week.  My school requires 4 per category, so we end up with a minimum of 13.  The BOE said no more than 15 during the pandemic, so I thought why not close out the grades with the exam?

Enter "the choice board." Cat Tongue

We have prepared 2 choices X 4 skill areas.  They can choose to do nothing, or a few things, and then we can substitute something that they did poorly on or did not complete, or the kids who are really behind can complete the entire board.  I have four more classes with one group and three more classes with another one. While they are working (or not, who cares!Cat LOL) on the choice board, it allows me the time to open up another meet and speak privately with each student to conference about their grades.  Most of the kids are just trying to get to passing for the semester.  I have some kids who literally have completed ZERO assignments this year.  Some of my kids have AP exams and their other exams, so they can use my class time for studying.  Now instead of spending 10-15 hours this weekend on a brand new lesson with opportunities for grades, I can RELAX for the first weekend all year!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Greeneyedlady21 @justashopper @Tennesseegal @jackthebear 

B7B85C1B-2C0A-49C6-820E-13B5FF7874E6.webp768657B6-CA59-4C2B-98A3-A5972A9390E5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@justashopper wrote:

Morning!!!

Can I just tell everyone?  I could live without that alarm noise that Leah thinks is so cute and fun.  It's very annoying to me.  Especially when I am just trying to be quiet at 7 am. 

Thanks for the vent.  :-) 

I did get the TSV!!  I actually got two.  I couldn't pick and I figured who cares.  I got the pink and the tiger.  

@justashopper 

Welcome!

My boy cat does not like that noise either!

listening to Chaz drone on and on isn't any better

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

CONGRATULATIONS!

on your first relaxed weekend ALL YEAR!

I say you certainly deserve a break from the chaos!

Hoping you have something fun planned!

Trusted Contributor

Ugh! 😩 Choice boards! This year must have been a nightmare for teachers. I spoke with some friends from my school and 10 teachers were leaving- so far!