Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 6/26

@On It wrote:

Leah explained her "summer" hair. "Sum-mer" mine; "sum-mer" are not. Her hairdresser told her that joke.

@On It 

Good morning and welcome to the chat!

Are you watching?

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

Leah explained her "summer" hair. "Sum-mer" mine; "sum-mer" are not. Her hairdresser told her that joke.

It's an old joke Smiley Happy  Wigs, weaves, clip-ins, etc. have been very popular and no longer taboo to discuss.  The past 15 or so years have seen them get better & better.  My sister has named her summer-mine/summer-not hair this way for many years, right before her summer vacations. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

Good morning!

Today I have a bat mitzvah, so I won't be around for the whole time.  It shows AMS on the program guide on my TV, but it could be CIJ.

What is new with my Style Sisters?

@lolakimono   Yes, it is AM STYLE. Enjoy your Bat Mitzvah. My oldest granddaughter is taking her Bat Mitzvah lessons now and will be a Bat Mitzvah girl in Dec. Where did the time go?  

I checked  and CIJ shows are this week end, but Beekman, Belle by Kin Gravel are spinkled in the mix. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@On It wrote:

It's an old joke Smiley Happy  Wigs, weaves, clip-ins, etc. have been very popular and no longer taboo to discuss.  The past 15 or so years have seen them get better & better.  My sister has named her summer-mine/summer-not hair this way for many years, right before her summer vacations. Smiley Very Happy

@Caaareful Shopper   It seems strange to add more hair and longer hair in the hotter months. That's when I'd want it cooler/shorter.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@On It wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   It seems strange to add more hair and longer hair in the hotter months. That's when I'd want it cooler/shorter.

@Shanus   Not if you put it in braids or coils or locs, and get it off your neck.  My sister's stylist designs her hair by adding hair to natural hair and creates beautiful styles.  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@On It wrote:

@On It 

Good morning and welcome to the chat!

Are you watching?

Yes, although I don't often get up this early. Leah's show starts at 5:00 am here.

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

Good morning!

Nice to "see" you!

Honored Contributor

I'm taking on Wegman's today...it's so huge, I allow much more time to get my groceries, but if my list isn't long, I like wondering through to see the array of items not available elsewhere. 

After that, we're expecting a rainy afternoon and I'll be doing a huge pot of Bolognese sauce  to keep in separate cartons in the freezer. While it cooks for several hours on a very low flame, I'll be in my studio finishing up a painting I started last week. 

I always enjoy a rainy day to get things accomplished. Since we've been able to "get out"after so many months,  I tend to be on the run just to not be home.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Also, I have 15 family members together (10 women, 5 men) on vacation in Jamaica right now (multiple birthdays).  From the photos they are posting on their social media pages, at least 3 of them have their summer hair on, and it looks just like Leah's.

Those 3 are under 30 years old and love their long hair no matter what.  Style beats comfort for some.  [reminds me of wearing high heels all those years.]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning!

@lolakimono  Don't let that pretty blouse at such a good discount slip away. It's lovely. I can always depend you to find sneakers that tempt me!

@LTT1  Enjoy the birthday party!

It's been yet another one of "those" weeks. Last Saturday I was waiting to hear about an offer I had put in on a townhouse with a 1st floor master. I didn't hear until Monday that someone out bid me. My house closed, the buyer's agent did a final walk through, I purged some furniture, and panicked about where I'd go from here.

Then I found a new development and after talking to the rep, my sibling is taking a deposit check over there for me. I'll be 7 miles from them & less than 40 from my child. It was the last lot available for an end unit and backs up to green space. I'm having a brand new townhouse built that has a master suite on the first floor.  Now, I have to find a rental nearby for 9 months or more. I'm so excited!

The Belle top that was shown in AMS is in my cart. I chose the blue bandanna and will check to see if the blue bandanna sneakers @lolakimono  had previously posted are still available.

image.png