Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00. 6/18

I too have been scratching my head over the many long sleeved items being offered this summer. And there also seems to be a dearth of short sleeved tops, compared to the normal spring and summer offerings.

The only thing I can figure out is that perhaps these items were originally scheduled for fall and winter of last year but were extremely slow to arrive here because of the pandemic. I know brick and mortar stores are also scrambling to get in seasonable items.

Hopefully in time these discrepancies between the seasons and the actual items will work themselves out.

@lolakimono  Enjoy your summer. I always enjoy your fashion and home decor posts.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain  If this helps you understand, I walk almost everywhere or use public transportation, so I am exposed to real weather.  I am not alone in this.  It's not just construction workers or roofers out there.  And no, air conditioning is not everywhere here. in NYC, and other places.

Honored Contributor

Yes, in the 80’s this would have been done in silk.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@abbalulu 

You make a great point.

It is difficult for me to determine the extent of chaos COVID has placed on supply and demand. 

The items which have been difficult to obtain astound me.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

@LTT1 

I'm looking forward to joining you soon.  Our house won't be ready until the end of June, so we are currently staying in a hotel.  We've been finding things to do to get us out of the room and that usually involves day trips which get us out bright and early.  Once I'm settled into my house and things return to a semblance of normalcy, I plan to begin watching and rejoining the chats.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat @lolakimono 

Hey! Sounds like you are starting your new life off right!

Looking forward to the time when you are settled!

Till then, wishing you luck in everything❣️