Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00. 6/18

Good Morning Style Sisters!

Since we last met, two things have happened.

Our friend @house_cat  is back on East Coast time and I had my last day with students yesterday on the LONGEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER!

For your consideration today, just in time for summer (SMH!) is a new sweatshirt dress from Draper James.

Cat LOL

https://www.qvc.com/Draper-James-Natalie-Sweatshirt-Dress-in-Gingham.product.A465612.html

I'm happy to see brands that are elsewhere (Nordstrom) that are appearing here, like Nic + Zoe 

Nic + Zoe-

https://www.qvc.com/NIC%2BZOE-Summer-Fling-Flirt-Skirt.product.A465209.html

This is a new hooded jacket from Liverpool, but of course there is no back shot so who knows what it looks like.

https://www.qvc.com/Liverpool-Self-Hooded-Jean-Jacket.product.A464896.html

For Father's Day we are attending the "annual" party that didn't happen last year.  It's been about a year and a half or more since I've seen some of BF's family.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00. 6/18

@lolakimono 

Getting ready for work but just wanted to tell you I hope you get some rest and have fun this summer!  You certainly deserve it after this unbelievable year.

Please take a little time for yourself!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lolakimono 

Getting ready for work but just wanted to tell you I hope you get some rest and have fun this summer!  You certainly deserve it after this unbelievable year.

Please take a little time for yourself!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

Thank you!

I am headed to acupuncture today.

I already had a student email about grades, after I have dedicated the LAST FOUR CLASSES to make up work and grade conferences. Cat Frustrated

I have to go in Monday. I thought I was also going to have to work Tuesday to do my DC hours, but I had the foresight to do them both in August.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Congratulations! For completing the school year and getting it over with! 
LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED 🩴💕🥰☀️😎🏆

Nice fashions!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @ECBG 

Good morning!

We had a combo Father's Day/Birthday/School Year-Cheer-Soccer-completion

celebration last Sunday

It was early birthday for Le Lucas💙...he got orange rubber shoes (cute!).

Dd & fam went on a family get-away this weekend where Le Lucas💙 exclaimed that the cotton candy they purchased was "the wrong color"! Lol

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I remember the end of the school year as being very hard on my body...it was probably due to many things, but also due to all of the dust kicked up from teachers dealing with changing rooms, etc.

Does acupuncture help with recovery?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @ECBG 

My excitement this morning... I got a TAN!

What's exciting about this

The last time I tried for a tan nothing happened....nothing at all! And the smell endured was horrible!

So yesterday... the situation was one of dire determination!

I "double-dipped!"

Since I had a bit of luck by sitting out every day for 1/2 hour....2:00 - 2:30

I decided to go all out from 3:30 - 4:30!

Put two different type tanners on plus tanning oil. Woke up this morning and ... beautiful COLOR!

Of course, the BROWNEST thing on me is my palms! LOL

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

Everything has been disrupted.  Last week when I went for acupuncture I had gua sha, which released a lot of tension from my back and neck, but I can't do that today because next week is the bat mitzvah and I'm not sure that the bruising will be gone and I don't want to have that in pictures.

Yesterday I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so by the time I ended my early dismissal time with the kids at 12:15, I was barely awake.

On Monday I have to go to school (although they told us accommodations were approved through June 30) to "close out."Cat Frustrated

My grades have been finished, BUT I have to clean our staff office and take EVERYTHING off the walls because supposedly they are going to paint our entire building.  I am hoping to find a temporary home for the artwork that I had purchased, because I literally cannot bring anything else to my basement.  I still have my entire classroom from MS in my basement, plus what I had to bring home last year.  Some items, like markers, I had class sets in multiple rooms since I had to float.  I don't want to pitch things that I have paid for, or my department budget has gone to, simply to rebuy them in the fall, but I'm stuffed to the gills.  Right now I have giant bins of dictionaries, binders, art supplies, folders, paper, books, and decor.  They gave us two hours last year to come to school and pack up what we could (and take it home) because they replaced the flooring.  

On Monday I am dreading having to wear a mask for the first time for an eight hour stretch, while cleaning.  I know that on "regular" days, when it's very humid or it's an ozone alert day, with asthma it feels like there is a wet washcloth stuck to my face that I'm trying to breathe through.  I wouldn't put it past them to cut the AC on Monday since there are no students in the building.  There might be textbooks to box up as well, but I think the custodians were going to work on that because everything has to come out of the closets for painting.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

WOW 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

All of that sounds so very taxing.

Our news has been doing stories on the dire lack of teachers lately. Don't know what all of this will come to.

Cannot imagine why there would be a shortage!

My issues with the job were the attitudes (in general) of the administration toward the teachers and little did I know when I signed up for teaching that I would be hauling all of that stuff around. 😬

Honored Contributor

not really watching the show ,

but saying hello

everyone working this weekend so I might go to the mall