Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 6/13

@LTT1 

Happy Anniversary Love GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals - Find ...

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had slip covers for our Lawson style sofa Hate them. Really should have waited until we could purchase new sofa.We had recently down sized to a 3 bed. house Our children all grown. Thought about smaller home. Big mistake. Not enough room for all my stuff. Kept thinking I will donate several items but things I would donate have so many memorizes. Hus. of course said give away. Still in boxes hidden in attic!! LOL. Hopefully will purchase sofa for Christmas gift. Prov

Honored Contributor

This week's shopping included a refresh of sneakers.  I usually have about four pairs that I rotate through for the gym.  During "normal" times, when I go to the gym I walk for an hour on the treadmill.  For three months, when I walk, it's been outside on all surfaces: park trails, grass, blacktop, concrete, etc. so I think shoes tend to wear out quicker on mixed terrain.  I found a few "deals" on the one style that I have tried from New Balance, #574.  They are a bit "old school" but the fit is good and they offer good support.  Topcashback paid out their rebates, and I got an Amazon gift card so they were "practically free."

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Thank you for the cute graphic! DH is a good man and good men can be hard to find!💋

I love the fabric of your sofa and accent pillows!

Boy kitty....

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hey, here's some good news - DH & I had a virtual chat appointment w/his lead oncol on Thursday. I was a little nervous about doing anything virtual!!! They sent me a link to the system they use to get set up to make sure the video & sond worked. Well it did, test went well. Of course just like sitting in  any Dr's office when they get backed up, so did Dr Hays. Finally when he was ready his Nurse sent me and email link, open, click and boom there was his Nurse first. We all chatted, closed it down then about 20 minutes later, the good Dr sent a link to open to chat with him. Total weirdness but way fun!!!

So, last Sunday DH had upper & lower CT scans done, Thurs morn before his chats he had labs done. Chat was his follow-up to the scans. Guess what - he is a survivor again twice over (each lung had a small tumor). We knew the surgery went perfectly (left), three radiation treatments (right), tumor is shrinking. I emailed his rad oncol to let him know the scans were done so he could take a look. He emailed me back yesterday and is very excited about the results. He said it will shrink down to just a tiny scar.

So we're on the 5yr plan again to continue scans every 3 months, continue to extend out, until we get to checkups once a year. Anyone who's been through any of this, clearly know this drill.

God continues to watch over Bob, we continue to be so blessed.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I had lavender sneakers like yours with the N on them and loved them but sent them back....why?

The ones you purchased are cute.

@sligo 

Why did you hate the slip covers? I am wanting an off white sofa and considering Pottery Barn type. Wonder if slip covers would be a mistake?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

The other purchase (with help from a gift card) was Smartwool socks- I think I may purge all the others that are not Smartwool.  I have a collection of Saucony, Adidas, Puma and Nike.  I got a T.J. Maxx gift card for my birthday, but then I remembered that Sierra is part of that group and I found the Smartwool socks there.

PhD Run Light Elite Micro Socks by Smartwool® | Women's feet ...

SmartWool PhD Run Light Elite Print Micro Socks - Merino Wool, Below the Ankle (For Women) in Glacial Blue

SmartWool PhD Run Ultralight Print Micro Socks (For Women)

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

That is great news!

Just Good News – Learn Gratitude from a Kangaroo and Determination ...

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  LOVE sofa and accent pillow. Def my style sofa. Did you go with navy for sofa? Our sofa is navy chenille fabric. Main problem navy shows all specks. Navy is my fav. colour. When we purchase a sofa I will choose navy AGAIN. Den in our new home is much smaller then in our last home.  Sofa to l arge for space.  Keep orange puss off. LOL Prov We ordered our sofa when living in S.C. and traveled to Hickory N.C. furn mart. Have no idea your state but Hick. furn market had every brand on different floors. Became very confusing. Also, had to wait 8 weeks. Prov 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

I had lavender sneakers like yours with the N on them and loved them but sent them back....why?

The ones you purchased are cute.

@sligo 

Why did you hate the slip covers? I am wanting an off white sofa and considering Pottery Barn type. Wonder if slip covers would be a mistake?

@LTT1 

RE slipcovers, I saw a floor model that they were going to discount, with white slipcovers and navy welting.  They had it in the back of the store.  I asked about the cleaning of the slipcovers, and they had to be drycleaned.  Apparently even though the manufacturer said they could be washed, when they did the welting color ran all over the white and ruined the set.  

I would like the lavender NB.  Cat Happy