Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/9

So three good pieces of news to report-

My district had a "thank a teacher" campaign for teacher appreciation week.  I tried to fill out a couple per day about my colleagues at my school and at other schools.

My teaching BFF in my department won a $25 gift card to Amazon, because of my entry she was automatically entered into the drawing. Cat Very Happy

My student had his 10K scholarship interview on Thursday, and last night they notified him that he won!Cat Very Happy

I was invited to join a private FB group to celebrate the 2020 seniors.  These are people in my community and others who have agreed to "adopt" a senior from the class of 2020, who is missing out on those milestones (prom, senior awards, graduation,etc.) due to Covid-19.  I posted about my student and he had SEVERAL people who wanted to "adopt" him, so he will receive some surprise gifts throughout the next month.  One lady said she wanted to send him $100.  Cat Surprised A few of his elementary and MS teachers reached out to me for his address.  I think he's going to be thrilled.  I shared a few pictures of his "custom" sneakers, and a lady contacted me about commissioning him to make a pair for her daughter's birthday in June, a pair for her son, and maybe a pair for herself.  I asked him if he was interested, and he most definitely is, so perhaps he'll have a side business while his job has been shut down.  

Trusted Contributor

Good morning @Tennesseegal @Bird mama @jackthebear 

If you do venture out be careful! 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Good morning @lolakimono @LTT1 @Skyegirl21 --Happy Mothers Day weekend!

First weekend "off" in a few weeks.  Have missed you all-  Hope you're staying safe and healthy-Starting to snow here.  

Nice to see Leah- Tuned in about 4am, had to tune right back out.  Felt like I was getting screamed at about a fan.  Yikes.  Way too early for that. 

Decided to return/exchange my beach pants for a smaller size (over a week ago)- Q is still not acknowledging  that they were mailed.  I put them in the mailbox with the pre-addressed label thinking I'd avoid the PO.  Now thinking might have been an error and maybe I should have waited.  Ugh.  I guess things can only get better- RIght? !

Everyone enjoy the weekend.  

mail is really slow, we mailed a check to Fl. and it took over 2 weeks! 

Honored Contributor

Good morning all. Happy Mother's Day.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

So three good pieces of news to report-

My district had a "thank a teacher" campaign for teacher appreciation week.  I tried to fill out a couple per day about my colleagues at my school and at other schools.

My teaching BFF in my department won a $25 gift card to Amazon, because of my entry she was automatically entered into the drawing. Cat Very Happy

My student had his 10K scholarship interview on Thursday, and last night they notified him that he won!Cat Very Happy

I was invited to join a private FB group to celebrate the 2020 seniors.  These are people in my community and others who have agreed to "adopt" a senior from the class of 2020, who is missing out on those milestones (prom, senior awards, graduation,etc.) due to Covid-19.  I posted about my student and he had SEVERAL people who wanted to "adopt" him, so he will receive some surprise gifts throughout the next month.  One lady said she wanted to send him $100.  Cat Surprised A few of his elementary and MS teachers reached out to me for his address.  I think he's going to be thrilled.  I shared a few pictures of his "custom" sneakers, and a lady contacted me about commissioning him to make a pair for her daughter's birthday in June, a pair for her son, and maybe a pair for herself.  I asked him if he was interested, and he most definitely is, so perhaps he'll have a side business while his job has been shut down.  

that is so nice to hear 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Good morning @lolakimono @LTT1 @Skyegirl21 --Happy Mothers Day weekend!

First weekend "off" in a few weeks.  Have missed you all-  Hope you're staying safe and healthy-Starting to snow here.  

Nice to see Leah- Tuned in about 4am, had to tune right back out.  Felt like I was getting screamed at about a fan.  Yikes.  Way too early for that. 

Decided to return/exchange my beach pants for a smaller size (over a week ago)- Q is still not acknowledging  that they were mailed.  I put them in the mailbox with the pre-addressed label thinking I'd avoid the PO.  Now thinking might have been an error and maybe I should have waited.  Ugh.  I guess things can only get better- RIght? !

Everyone enjoy the weekend.  

for the future think about requesting pick up from the Usps,  I don't think there is a fee, and then you have a proof of mailing.  it's done online. 

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

Such good news about your student!  I had been wondering.  Yay!!!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   what great news

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Good morning @Tennesseegal @Bird mama @jackthebear 

If you do venture out be careful! 

seems to be OK here, everyone is masked and waits in lines,   we have been in the center for weeks ❤️

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono, that's great for your student.
"To each their own, in all things".