Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat 7:00 5/29

@SoX   I watch public TV and love all of the Steven Raichlen programs.  He's always grilling some kind of meat and I watch it because his voice is relaxing to me, like golf.  I never really pay attention when he's handling the meat or talking about what it is.  You'd think by now I would pick up on some of it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone. I'm a little late this morning after finally falling asleep at 2:30.

My house went live online last Saturday. After receiving multiple offers, I accepted one for well above the asking price on Monday. I wanted to sell to a teacher who came to my parked car to convince me to sell to them after their showing & that was only $1,000 less, but my realtor led me to this one. If this one doesn't work out, my realtor said he'd contact the teacher.

I've moved/hidden stuff to make the house look more spacious, packed a few things, and put the house in almost perfection over & over & over ...

I pulled a muscle behind my right hip, I've been waking up with leg cramps, and my sleep is even worse. I've lost another 5 pounds and I really don't want to lose more weight. Idk if this buyer is on the level, I've seen no house or condo that I'd want to buy this week, and I have a house to pack and a fur baby to move.

@lolakimono, I had just told my brother that I've entered "purgatory" I should be excited about selling, but my state has the law Due Diligence that allows the buyer to change his mind up to 14? days. I never heard of it before last week.

So, I've moved from cheesecake to mini frozen eclairs not worrying about calories now. I also finally bought a new marble top dining table from Anthropologie and went ahead & ordered a Macy's dresser that came back into stock yesterday. All rationalized to soothe my nerves. LOL.

Honored Contributor

This also happened.

Financial Secretary:

Sends email HIGH IMPORTANCE, READ RECEIPT REQUIRED: you have gone over your department budget by $177.XX.  How are you going to rectify this today?

Me:

What?  There is about $5 remaining.  As you always advise, I leave an extra cushion and I drained the account by April.

FS:

This is why I tell my DCs to keep a log of their budget.

Me:

Sends my color coded spreadsheet with every single transaction, down to the penny and the date of the transaction.

FS:

You had $ XXXX.XX to spend this year, but you went over by $177.XX.

Me:

Produces email from her dated last July with the total number she told me that was budgeted and send her a screenshot.

FS:

I wonder why they took that from your budget?  I'm going to look into this.

Me:

Please do.

FS:

Crickets

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@SoX   I watch public TV and love all of the Steven Raichlen programs.  He's always grilling some kind of meat and I watch it because his voice is relaxing to me, like golf.  I never really pay attention when he's handling the meat or talking about what it is.  You'd think by now I would pick up on some of it.

@Bird mama 

Here's the presentation that lured me in ... hook, line and sinker ... I was hungry that day.

Southside Market 3-4-lb Flat Half Brisket - QVC.com

Honored Contributor

I hope the sale of your house goes through without a hitch @Desert Lily 

Respected Contributor

I went grocery shopping for the first time since March 2020 this week. I decided next time I'll go back to the convenience of having them delivered rather than hauling them myself in the 100 degrees we're having.

Target was my second visit and went to buy packing boxes and plastic storage tubs for moving. I came out with those, plus 2 tops and a table lamp. I'll try to post pics later.

@Bird mama  I love your JCP choices.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  Enjoy your great pants and jewelry!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   gotta keep the 'receipts'.  There's something so satisfying when you have the receipts and are able to respond to gotcha emails.  Been there done that Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SoX   Whoo I tried to watch the video.  When I eat meat it has to be well done.  By the time they hit the second slice I thought call the vet!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono   gotta keep the 'receipts'.  There's something so satisfying when you have the receipts and are able to respond to gotcha emails.  Been there done that Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama 

Indeed.

She is probably going to "skim" off another department's budget, but what do I care?