But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00- 5/28

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@gmkb

Wow what an experience :-)

Yes, she must have been so surprised!

I don't know this for a fact, but I always thought that it must have had some connection to her winning the trip in the first place.

Esteemed Contributor

I slept in again as it has been a hectic week.  The closing on mom's house went good on Thursday.  I did finally get my closet ready for warm weather.  Now I need to get my shoes organized.  DH bought a new moped on Tuesday, hoping for it to be delivered this next week.  A wedding, graduation party & the wedding reception all starting after lunch.  We went to the cemetery yesterday & placed some flowers on mom & dad's grave.  It made me sad as it was my first time without mom.  I will read to see what you are all buying or doing this weekend. It is supposed to be off & on rain all weekend, but in the 80's.  We plan go to a cookout/bonfire on Monday weather permitting.  I planted my garden this week--4 tomato plants.  lol.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Wow you have got a busy day ahead of you.  Try to pace yourself and have a great time.  Oh yea, now the doctor is leaning towards Guillain Barre for my sister versus CIDP.  At this point, I don't think they know what they are talking about.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
Honored Contributor

Good morning, girls :-)

I was checking a few things before embarking on a day of housework and thought I'd let you know that I'm still alive!

DH singlehandedly emptied the assisted living apartment we set up for my mom only a month ago.  He had the furniture donated and packed up everything else - he knew I really didn't want to go back there.  However, as a result, I now have a garage full of boxes to go through and organize for donation pick up - not to mention a house that hasn't been actually cleaned since January when my dad got sick. So, that's my plan for the weekend and when I finish that, we have a two bedroom apartment of hers to clean out and vacate by end of June.  The fun never stops around here.

On a shopping note, though, I bought this Dooney for my trip to NY and I absolutely love it. It's lightweight and perfectly suited to my needs when I'm out and about.

B3264G_INBLPATN.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Hey girl, good to see you on the thread.  Nice bag :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
Respected Contributor

Bye all.  Wishing each a blessed holiday weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama, I was meaning to ask about your sister. It doesn't seem like they have decided entirely yet, that's too bad, if they don't know, how can they treat her properly.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@house_cat, good to see you here. It will all get done, don't stress too much.
@gmkb, bye, have a nice weekend.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I've been taking advantage of the popularity of the color olive in clothing.  I like the color and it's flattering on me, so while I can, I am buying up olive :-)

From my store:  recent purchases

Liz Claiborne® Short-Sleeve Crochet Shrug - Tall  Liz Claiborne® Sleeveless Pleat Neck Top

The sleeveless top fits like a dream and I am thinking about getting another one in this pattern.  The swatch for the top isn't working but the pattern matches what's in this dress.

Liz Claiborne® Sleeveless Floral Cinched Waist Dress - Tall

NAT:  Love olive.  Have been buying everything LDO sells in olive for years and what I find at Chico and Dillard.  Somehow it all works together.  I love it.