Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/25

@Bird mama 

Cute tops!  I really like the skirt.  I think you should get it.

I went on waitlist for this Giuliana bag on HSN. 

49958190-1EFD-4911-AE5D-DDFD14F56B36.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Happy Memorial Day weekend all.

We will be headed out of town later this week so my fashion decisions this weekend will be mostly what to pack!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have a silver maple tree in my front yard that is at least 50 years old.  I've had it groomed/pruned by an arborist twice so far since I bought this house. 

It was time for another pruning so I called Mike up for an estimate.  He came by and I said you're going to think I'm crazy but I swear it looks like this tree has a bruise right here (and I pointed at the main trunk). 

Long story short, because of the way one of the major limbs split off and grew more horizontally than vertically, this limb has been catching the strong winds that come roaring down my neighbor's driveway. 

The houses on my side of the street are more or less the windbreakers for the rest of the neighborhood.  We abut the open field.  The wind is catching that big limb and when the big limb more or less twists in the wind, it's stressing out the main trunk.

The structural pruning of my mighty maple with occur on Tuesday to the tune of $1,200.  Can I get an owwww.

This is why I'm doing more looking than buying Man Tongue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Morning ladies, it about 60 here and full sunshine, it is the first weekend of the town pool.

Oh hello Summer where have you been. 

I am around for a while 

Have a safe weekend all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama     Owww owww and ouch!   That sounds like a lot for pruning. Maybe a few more estimates?  Discount for cash?  

We had a large area of sod laid yesterday. $50.  It was leftover on the landscapers truck from another job. Palm pruning requiring ladders is 25$ per tree. 

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie  The area outlined in pink is what's coming off  on the south side of the tree.  This job is going to involve a crew of climbers on rope and a bucket truck.  He also has to work the north, west and east side of the tree.  Plus he's taking a couple of low hanging limbs off my mulberry tree in the backyard (at my request).  I'll take 'after' pictures.  I understood the level of work involved when I stood under the tree and looked at what will be coming off.

Also, I spotted a squirrels nest in the target area.  I told Mike, I need you to look at that nest first when you get in the bucket (think electric company type truck).  If there are babies in there, I expect you to have a plan B.

I also said, I will be standing in my yard when you look so don't even think about lying to me Woman LOL

IMG_2605 (300x225).jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

Interesting that you could tell that the tree looked bruised!

Thanks for the picture!

In fashion news, I purchased another blouse to wear on trip...

A347193
LOGO by Lori Goldstein Woven Crepe Collared Blouse w/ Shirred Neck

So, now I have one in off-white and one in black. I think this fabric will be good in the heat.

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Woven-Crepe-Collared-Blouse-w-Shirred-Neck.product.A34719...

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie   On the bright side, I won't have to do anything this severe to the tree for the rest of my life.  

Honored Contributor

👍🏻
Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Nice blouse.  You can do alot with this style.