Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/25

@lolakimono   Woman LOL

Because the trees on my property are old and somewhat grand to me, I knew back in 2003 that I wanted a real tree guy, someone with a degree in this who knew what he was talking about.  I always tell him, this is not about the look of the tree, it's about the health of the tree.

He hates my pine trees.  I don't think he likes the black walnut tree and he's come out and called my mulberry tree an overgrown weed.  

I remind him that these trees are homes for the critters that live on my property and I'm not interested in his opinion Woman LOL

I could've taken the polesaw and removed the two limbs off the mulberry.  I thought I'd treat myself since he was going to be here for the silver maple.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@SoX   Yes it was a Makita demolition hammer.  Boy that was an experience I'm in no hurry to repeat.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

The items I bought about a month ago took a week +  to ship, which is what really annoyed me, the last items shipped within 3-4 days

@Bird mama wrote:

@I am still oxox   I see many posts about the slow shipping.  Has that been your experience or are you seeing no change?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   LOVE LOVE these dresses. Blue/wht looks like seersucker which I LOVE! The colors in the other one are lovely too but they don't match up - this drives me crazy when they're just that off.

The tee is adorable too!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I think you are wise to have a professional tree cutter out! We have a large tree in our backyard that “sprawls” over the roof ... making it perfectly positioned to fall onto our roof!

We have had it partially trimmed season after season. 

Getting nickled and dimed each time.

It deserves better! 😂 😆 😝 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone! It is summer here in Tennessee. No slow transition. It just hit! We are taking our granddaughter to the lake today to swim and picnic.

Wednesday is my last day and then I’m retiring. It seems unreal. Last week was my last week with students. It was bittersweet at times and I was very emotional Monday and Tuesday. Then, Wednesday one of my students said the F word twice in class and I had to take him out in the hall. That took away sentimentality! Really fast! I’m used to being off in the summer so it won’t really hit me until next September when everyone is in school.

On the shopping front, I bought some white crops at TJ’s and two pretty blouses; one is a sleeveless pink with a floral print and blended yellow print border. The other is coral and tropical looking with flutter sleeves. Then, from ON, I ordered a black, butterfly print top with flutter sleeves and two pairs of earrings. One pair is a small pave circle and one pair is out of my comfort zone. It’s small pink beads in a double circle. They’re heavy but cute. I’ve worn them twice.

@Bird mama

Ouch!! We’re trying to save a maple tree in our front yard.
Honored Contributor

GOOD MORNING SISTERS!!!!

Phew - slept in this morning, was up around 5A, went back to bed, fell into a deep sleep and had a horrible dream/nightmare. HATE when I do this!!!! It's okay if it's a good dream....

Anyway, we'll hit the grocery store as usual then another plant store. We bought flowers & a few veggies, we really need some hanging baskets now. We'll grill out too, not sure what - I asked DH to make his famous trout cakes, just like crab except with trout - these are a huge YUM.

I already cleaned the house. Yesterday I hosed down/washed the front porch and rugs that were out there but I dried those and put away b/c I bought very colorful new striped ones. Yesterday I ordered 2 of those little folding tables for the porch in yellow. We have plants we put out there too. Oh and striped cushions for the swing - yeah that's all done! We're summer ready now.

I do want to say that I'm feeling for ALL in the mid west who've so suffered in the tornados' devestation. Every time I see the news my heart just breaks for all. I pray that God is kind to you in clearing all the damage and working hard to put your lives back together. It's so hard to fathom all you're going through but hopefully with the help of others in your neighborhood, your town, govt help stepping in, your lives will get back on track. God speed to you ALL.

To ALL of our Service People, THANK YOU. You give up your own downhome happiness so that the rest of us may live in some sort of semblence and peace in our own homes. May God keep you safe and return to your loved ones.

Wishing all a good weekend! 

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal 

Image result for congratulations retirement

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@I am still oxox   I see many posts about the slow shipping.  Has that been your experience or are you seeing no change?

I have not ordered anything in a year?  ordered the Josie stuff last weekend knowing it will be slowing ship, won't arrived until tuesday b/c of the holiday and that innovations thing 

but it was free ship + TSV which is why I ordered 

Honored Contributor

went to gym then returned some jeans to Target, looked at some other things,  they have some cute lines but they run so big

cute sleeveless top but the armholes are huge,