Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/21

@Greeneyedlady21  Congrats on the new job! Hurray for you!

It's supposed to be 94 here in PA today but the 70's on Monday. I ordered a blue print waffle top from Macy's because coming from the West, it's been cool. But, today I'm in a short-sleeve T-shirt.

image.png

We had our sidewalks dug and poured this week. I think the excitement of watching cement dry may be even less exciting than watching paint dry. Lol

The lack of lawns mixed with ample rainfall has made things muddy around here. My daily exercise is cleaning the floor. I've been doing a little decor tweaking this week and am anxious to get back to my novel writing next week.

Honored Contributor

What a pretty top @Desert Lily 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I agree, I laugh at all the stories about it being a worker's market. That all depends upon what kind of job you are looking for, what kind of experience you have, and your age. Age discrimination is very real and rampant.

I couldn't believe how many times I was contacted for interviews then ghosted. Or went for an interview and ghosted. Treated in such a shabby unprofessional manner.

I interviewed for a front desk job in a vet's office-long video interview then an in person interview. The pay was pathetic, especially since it included cleaning up messes that animals can make in a waiting area. The training binder for everything you had to do was about three inches thick.But since I love animals I was still interested. Thought it would be good experience for my resume.

At least the woman was "nice" enough to not ghost me and send me a rejection email. I kept seeing the job unfilled on Indeed for months and months until they finally raised the pay and must have hired someone.

The way I look at it is-this behavior is the employers' way of trying to take control back when workers have more options.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Love that blue print top ... very pretty!

Honored Contributor

I am going to see Lady Gaga in concert in August, outdoors. I don't want to look ridiculous , but I want something new and cool (temp wise) and fun to wear. I am thinking a maxi dress with short sleeves in a lightweight fabric. Maybe red, or pink.

Of course if it rains that will be miserable.

I have plenty of time to look. Seeing the outfits people wear to her concert will be half the fun😄

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Ladies, thanks for the conversation.  A storm front is moving my way and even though I'm pretty sure my town is only going to clipped by the tail end the skies are looking funky and I'm going to get offline.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Belated Morning Greetings!

Was watching Leah while I was "baking" this a.m.....if you consider making 2 boxes of cake mix cookies baking!!

@lolakimono    Hate the thoughts of you leaving your classroom.  You seem to go above and beyond for your students, but I wish you nothing but the best in the job search.  Been there way too many times due to layoffs and company closings.  Tough to start over.

As far as Leah's new line...WHY in the H_ _ _ would they have her introduce warm ups at this time of the year.  So much better received for late August/Sept/Oct.  Makes no sense to me.  

As for my affirmations...."I am" tired of watching the extended TSV presentation on our Style Sisters day, and "I can" change the channel.  hahahaha

Plans for dinner with our retired teacher friends and then off to the theater for Temptations, "Ain't Too Proud".  THIS is my generation of music and movin'.  Can't wait to socialize and boogie!!

Have a wonderful week my forum friends.

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21     Lady Gaga.....good for you.  Wish I could be there.  Have a super fun time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

25% off Sundance ... been saving my pennies for this one!

Super Contributor

@SoX     Doesn't it make one happy to get something you love at a great price?  Happy, happy, happy.