Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/20

@lolakimono

Girl, a camel kidney?  As someone who works in health insurance, they tend to use diagnoses codes that they know will get paid.  Over 30 years ago, they billed a CT scan for my Ma that used the diagnosis code for brain cancer.  Back in the day, as a claims processor, I actually memorized the diagnosis ranges (infectious diseases, cancer, maternity, etc).

We used to have a doctor that worked in the unit for those instances when we needed medical review of medical records.

He was such a sweetheart - he told me, sometimes the bill the diagnosis they are trying to RULE OUT, not the diagnosis of what you have.

Suffice it to say, Ma lived to 84 and she didn't go from a brain tumor.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Buttercups

It took me 3 months to get an appointment with an endocrinologist.  Part of it was my fault, I wanted an affiliation with a particular health care system (in case I needed surgery, etc) and I also looked at years of practice, etc.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

That is a dam* shame that they bounced BF's SIL out of the hospital one day after having a double mastectomy.  It's a catastrophic surgery and at least 3 days would have been better to assess and complications or infection.

See people, this is why I can stand 'medicine'

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1. Uno alla  Volta. I am trying to be good but they keep sending me catalogs,

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear  Oh girl, go take a look at the dresses.  They are practically giving them away :-)

Honored Contributor

Be back after brekie B is making Almond Flour Pancakes, gluten free, paleo and low carb friendly and very yummy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting me know about the Lucky Brand shabooties.  Got bony ankle bones and would need to try this style on in a store.

I ordered these from DSW when they were $150.  They are now under $50.  I had to return them because the top part hit me just the wrong way and killed my ankle.  It really hurt me to return these.

Calida Sandal

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

Morning all. I slept in to almost 7 today  and just realized it's Saturday. I'll catch up.

Raining  and cool here after 3 very hot days.

I got my garden in this week, pitiful small garden. I can't do big anymore.

I ordered a Silver native bead necklace from Caroline Pollack.

My goal so far today is not to watch the my pillow guy.

I got new unoullavolta catalog, polish stoneware set with sea life, I'm going to get a dinner plate and desert plate.

They had two different turtle jewelry sets, and turtle wine glasses @LTT1

going to be hard to avoid the pillowman, good luck with that

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono

That is a dam* shame that they bounced BF's SIL out of the hospital one day after having a double mastectomy.  It's a catastrophic surgery and at least 3 days would have been better to assess and complications or infection.

See people, this is why I can stand 'medicine'

They bounced me out one day later, but sent a nurse to the home every day except Sun. for two weeks.  She would have come longer, but I said no more.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono

I'm sorry to read that BF's father had another stroke.  How are you all holding up?  Are they keeping him comfortable?  It hurts me to my soul when an elder ends up in the 'health care system'.  Seeing them frail and vulnerable makes me want to camp out in the hospital room to protect them.

I continue to pray for him.

@Bird mama

They are doing an MRI at 11.

He is confused.  When asked, he reported that he was in the Cleveland Clinic.  Without giving away my location, you know that this is an incorrect (and bizarre) answer.

He is back at his "preferred" hospital, where he had his bypass surgery, so I think he is happier than at the stroke rehab hospital. 

BF's mom spent the night there last night and was headed home, probably to shower and change and report back for the MRI.