Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/20

Hello Ladies.

DH is finally moving but in a lot of pain.  The antibiotic we finally got after the virus tested bacterial has toned down that viscious coughing with a full bottle of codine and Robitussin cough syrups.  He's lost 10 pounds and was the perfect weight to begin with.

Levi, our beautiful fur baby, had another episide of dead stareing and had to be rushed to the vet again.  It was all I could do to get him in the 4 Runner.  A prostrate infection surfaced.  Poor little thing couldn't tell us how much in pain he was.

@lolakimono, I'm so very sorry for what you're dealing with right now.  You are definately in my prayers, bless your heart.

Please, all of you take care.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Girl, I've been there many times when I had my dog Max.  Just about stops your heart doesn't it.  I used to run into the vet and say look, I don't have Munchausen (sp) - something isn't right.  My veterinary practice is probably relieved I didn't get another dog after Max passed.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@ECBG

Girl, I've been there many times when I had my dog Max.  Just about stops your heart doesn't it.  I used to run into the vet and say look, I don't have Munchausen (sp) - something isn't right.  My veterinary practice is probably relieved I didn't get another dog after Max passed.

@Bird mama,I'm feeling that I need a few more degrees just to make sure my family is properly cared for.

The trauma dr wouldn't even listen to me about DH's type of cough and the emergency vet didn't test when it's a common problem in older dogs.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Here is what I tell doctors and veterinarians.

"You may know medicine, however I know - - - - "

The cynic in me can't help but think they don't listen so they can see a person repeatedly and hit their insurance card (people) or their wallet/credit card (animals).

Just remember this - doctors and vets are like plumbers and electricians or auto mechanics - we are really hiring them to do a job.  That kind of takes the mystery out of what they do and enables us to stand there and not take BS or no for an answer :-)

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama,Thanks.  I'm just perplexed that the issues I had didn't take a rocket scientist.  I had some trust in their experience.

All they had to do was swab DH.

Levi is not the first older dog they have seen at the emergency clinic.  Thank goodness we have a vet that is on top of it!  Bless them!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG@Bird mama

After years and years of seeing doctor after doctor, I have to confront them more directly than I used to. And if I'm sick enough, I just keep going to their offices.

I ask questions like (when persistent painful coughing) "What happens if I break a rib?" "How will I know?" etc

The MD must feel legally responsible (I guess?) if he/she begins to answer the" what ifs." OMG

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@ECBG@Bird mama

After years and years of seeing doctor after doctor, I have to confront them more directly than I used to. And if I'm sick enough, I just keep going to their offices.

I ask questions like (when persistent painful coughing) "What happens if I break a rib?" "How will I know?" etc

The MD must feel legally responsible (I guess?) if he/she begins to answer the" what ifs." OMG

@LTT1,Thanks loves.  That trauma dr didn't even look up for a few seconds because she was flipping through the chart.  He went back yesterday for his recheck and told her it had taken an antibiotic.  My concern was that the coughing was so violent, I was fearful he was going to do further damage to the break we already had.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

3 dresses later

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear

Summer was made for dresses.  You got a good sale on 'em. 

Honored Contributor

Back from the hospital-Cat Sad

BF's father has suffered a series of catastrophic strokes (30+) and he also has pneumonia.  He will be transferred to a hospice facility (maybe  Monday?) as he has DNR and only comfort measures.