Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/20

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono

Oh my, not the news I had hoped to read.  This knowledge will shape the direction of my prayers now.  How is his wife, kids and you doing with the news?  I'm hopping on Facebook if you wanna talk.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@ECBG@Bird mama

After years and years of seeing doctor after doctor, I have to confront them more directly than I used to. And if I'm sick enough, I just keep going to their offices.

I ask questions like (when persistent painful coughing) "What happens if I break a rib?" "How will I know?" etc

The MD must feel legally responsible (I guess?) if he/she begins to answer the" what ifs." OMG

@LTT1.  Regarding your signature!!   aka Tajiri's Godmother!!!!   Haaaaaa!

I am out of my fog apparently!!!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Back from the hospital-Cat Sad

BF's father has suffered a series of catastrophic strokes (30+) and he also has pneumonia.  He will be transferred to a hospice facility (maybe  Monday?) as he has DNR and only comfort measures.  

@lolakimono

Sending comforting & peaceful prayers your way.  God bless.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Smiley Sad so sorry for your BF's family

@lolakimono wrote:

Back from the hospital-Cat Sad

BF's father has suffered a series of catastrophic strokes (30+) and he also has pneumonia.  He will be transferred to a hospice facility (maybe  Monday?) as he has DNR and only comfort measures.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Lola, such sad news.  Hugs & prayers for all of you.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono - I'm so sorry. Continued prayers for BF and his family.

@Bird mama - What you said~ to doctors and vets. I feel exactly the same way. We hire them to treat us and we need to participate as consumers. I always check the Mayo Clinic or another site online to get info. The first hand surgeon who told me I needed to fix the thumb joint acted like it was a breeze. I read online that recovery is not that simple. She may have done a great job but I would have been totally unprepared for the aftermath. Ended up seeing a second surgeon who was more straight with me about it, and he did a great job. I could tell story after story like that.

Occasional Contributor

Good Morning! What's up with you these days?

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups  Mayo Clinic is one of my go-to places also.  And when it comes to drugs or therapies, for let's say, alternative ways to treat high cholesterol (lol), I love the National Institutes of Health (NIH).  I go where the scientists and geeks posts the outcomes of trials.  If I come across words I don't understand, I look them up.

Code for - nightmare patient (hahahaha)

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Buttercups  Mayo Clinic is one of my go-to places also.  And when it comes to drugs or therapies, for let's say, alternative ways to treat high cholesterol (lol), I love the National Institutes of Health (NIH).  I go where the scientists and geeks posts the outcomes of trials.  If I come across words I don't understand, I look them up.

Code for - nightmare patient (hahahaha)

Oh you're funny. It's good the NIH, also Pubmed. Of course I can't follow the study results, but the abstract and summary are helpful.

I don't know if you remember Norman Cousins, who encouraged patients to participate in their care and healing -- also laughter as one important element of therapy -- I followed him and got to see him speak years ago. He finally induced the medical community to admit that a patient who's a pain in the ar$e is actually more involved in their care and therefore more likely to heal from issues than one who's passive / indifferent.

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups  Without getting into the 'why's health care is a business now.  As a patient you have to be involved in your care.