Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/16

My co-worker announced her departure in February, and submitted paperwork to HR.  I knew that we would need to replace her with a FT position.  About a month ago, I was contacted by a Spanish teacher (former DC) who was coming back to work after having had a baby last year.  In my mind, I had "hired" her, so I sent my principal an email that I had someone in mind who WANTED to work with our team, could teach all levels, had leadership experience, and so on. I was hoping this might spur him into action to post the job.

Crickets.

So I reminded my AP again that now it's MID-MAY and there was no job posted.  So now it's been posted, that candidate already got a job for next year (DUH!) and I have two virtual interviews lined up for Monday.  Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Good morning all today is our 27th wedding anniversary ah like the other two celebrations this is very different than other years, we are home and healthy, so its all good.

B is at the supermarket right now. Two cool things there is and Adopt a Senior program to "celebrate" this kids that missed graduation, Barry is out picking up snacks for the girl we picked, also tomorrow is the Salute to Seniors car parade, I have flowers and streamers ready to decorate the car

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have been trying to honor our seniors, but with the distance learning (some have NEVER checked in!) we are losing them quickly.  First we were approached to write special notes to seniors in our magnet program. They are creating a website for their magnet program specifically to highlight the accomplishments of their seniors. 

Done.

Now the notes that we write for seniors to include with their diplomas are going digital.  The expectation is that each teacher write 10 notes, so that each student has at least one note.  We are going to send them virtually to the parents' email address, but then we don't have working emails for each parent.  They formed a "committee" of teachers who called the parents to see if they would supply a valid email address.  

Yesterday I created a template and I picked 25 seniors to write notes for.  That burned up the afternoon.  Of course there is a spreadsheet to accompany this, with blinding yellow rows of highlighted text which burn my eyes.  Although I got readers this year at my annual appointment, they are the lowest magnification.  Because they aren't fitted to my face like regular glasses, if I wear them for too long I get headaches.  If I don't wear them and spend 8 hours in front of the screen, I get headaches.  Cat Frustrated  The notes are finished, but I either have to print them from home or hope that there will be an updated email address available that we will be able to send them to. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Happy anniversary!

I'm sorry that you weren't able to get away like you had hoped for.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

We are doing the "Adopt-A-Senior" here as well, just something that was born on Facebook.

I "adopted" one of my students, but I have some others that I know that I was going to drop off a few things for.

Of course, Amazon is late with the ONE thing that I need to complete the package, and all the tracking says is a five day window and the USPS tracking shows that it is "arriving later than usual" but it's coming from CA and there is no tracking information since May 12.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning!   

I've been up with the sun and the chickens ... sitting by the front window wating for my Amazon Fresh order (6-8 a.m. delivery window).  

Coffee is on ...  I'm exhausted just reading @lolakimono 's post ...  

Honored Contributor

The "Salute to Seniors" parade sounds like a great idea! Social distancing and all!

Hope B is finding solace in the fact that work "have to dos" are now gone.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

Good to "see" you.  I have been waiting to show you what I'm quietly admiring.

This, from Echo, is VERY Etro inspired, don't you think?

MAIN

PT01

I also like this one a lot. 

MAIN

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

The mail (UPS/FEDEX/Amazon) seems to be messed up these days. And we are getting used to having a new system now that we are in an apartment complex.

Amazon has a "hub" here...for my "hub" to go and pick up packages with a special code.🙄

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor