What is new with all of you?

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 5/16

@lolakimono 

Good morning!

Have things at school calmed down any?

Hope so.

Nothing much is new.

We were over helping with the grands yesterday. DD and DSIL are rushing to catch up since our area went to yellow for COVID precautions.

Now think about this:

Both of the businesses they are in are ones that are very involved in the reopening process. It is hard to imagine corralling little kids while trying to conduct business from home.

She has been assigned at least three major products by the company --- as of late Friday afternoon wanted by Monday.  Reopening "chaos" does not seem to have been taken into consideration. I guess it is that way for everybody.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

good morning

havent' put on the telly yet,

got out to golf yesterday

did you notice the homepage  used to be what the TSV is but now it's all sorts of ancillary stuff which I find rather interesting

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The eLearning week begins on Monday where teachers post the week's work.  I try to post in the morning, and assign all three levels their work.  The "deadline" is Sunday evenings, but there is no penalty for late work.  So on Mondays I field questions about the new work and begin grading the work from the previous week.  One student just engaged 31 days after the work was due, so now I'm going back and trying to get the late work graded.  This is the last week for seniors, and my AP students have their test this week.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

will go look

congrats for getting back out to golf

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

i can remember being grateful for test days, which were a lot less trying for me on those days. The students HAD to do their work independently and "no talking."

Honored Contributor

On Monday I got the summons to go to school (in secret) for a two hour time slot on Tuesday.  I was given two hours to close out two classrooms and our office for the year.  P.S. and by the way... we are getting new flooring (the carpet is 50 years old) AND the areas with tile are ASBESTOS.  I was not thrilled to go in and do all of this on the fly. I went to Lowe's on Monday during lunch and dropped about $150 on plastic tubs to be able to box up what was in the rooms as we can't have anything there.  BF had to come over with his SUV to take a load and then my car was crammed full (basement could appear on an episode of hoarders with all of the classroom stuff).  I had to bring my stepladder to pull the decor off of the walls and after many bruises and sore muscles later, I left at 2, mostly due to hunger and fatigue.  Then I came home and read all of the emails and completed the "mandatory" spreadsheet due at 4:00.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I know how you like your POCKETS- these are the daily deal at LLB, in regular and petites.  They have a 28, 30 or 32 inch inseam, depending on which style you choose.  $29.99 until 2 p.m. E.T. or sell out.  

Women's 1912 Jeans, Favorite Fit Utility

Women's 1912 Jeans, Favorite Fit Utility

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I hope you are ok.

See, I have objections to entities who demand superhuman feats from employees.

All my adult life, moving stuff really affected my health.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I’m off to look at these pants!