Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 4/27

@Bird mama 

I never did see that movie “Get Out.” It must have been really good...won so many awards.

The new one you posted about “Us” looks like one needing to be seen!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

trsb, welcome to the boards.

tennesseegal, I have a new sun hat, so Lord willing I am ready to go.  

LTT, such great news about your dh's new 👀👀!  I had cataract surgery on both 👀👀 probably 16 years ago.   What a difference it has made in my life.

Sox. So sad about your neighbor & now for her sister.  Since January I have been carrying an Epi Pen wherever I go.  

Bird Mama, thanks for your kind words.  

Our winter snow warning started at 7:00 this morning and will continue until 10:00 this evening.  Right now it's 40°.

Honored Contributor

So I received a letter yesterday from some company named Inmediata.  They advised me that there was a data security breach discovered in January 2019 and that my data was exposed (not the SS number though).  So I sat there thinking, who in the heck is this?  I called the number to find out how this company received my PHI (protected health information) in the first place.  I think their customer service was not in country (so to speak).  The lady who answered the call (Mayte) decided to recite the contents of the letter.

I said, I don't know your company from Adam.  What gave you access to my PHI?  Mayte wasn't prepared for that question Woman Very Happy  I'm fortunate that I see two doctors and that's only once per year per doctor.  

Mayte said it had to do with insurance.  I said, not likely.  I retired from the insurance company that insures me and they don't use you.  I'm 99.9% sure that my health system doesn't use you.  My ob/gyn however uses a tablet for patients to register each year and in January they provided me a link to register online (ahead of time) and like an idiot I registered ahead of time. 

Mayte confirmed that was how they got my PHI.

SMH, one of the downsides of the government insisting on electronic medical records.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

Would love to see your "can't touch this" pants ... so funny!

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 

Happy Birthday to Mr. Twinny  ... glad he's getting such good medical reports!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, ladies!

Popped out of bed at 3:46 this morning - no clue why. Sleeping has never been my best subject and the last few years it's gotten worse.

Gonna have breakfast with a friend at 7 am, then grocery shopping, then hair salon.  I'm still tired from Easter weekend marathon cooking, baking and cleaning. I promised myself I would make no plans for tomorrow, but I never seem to be able to keep those promises.

@lolakimono 

Our enrollment numbers are dropping rapidly due to a recent rezoning.  I'm safe with 17 years in the district and 16 of them at my school, but it's tense.  One of the loveliest, smartest new teachers in my department has been cut and I start to feel like people are looking at us oldsters to retire so the young ones can keep their jobs.  Unfortunately, I'm five years away from that, so they're gonna have to stare me down for another five years.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

I've said it so many times; I'm a broken record.  It's not the kids (even when they misbehave), it's not the teaching, it's not even the grading papers or attending parent meetings.  The thing that exhausts, exasperates, frustrates is the "other stuff" that gets added on to what we are hired to do. Sorry you had such a bad week. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So I received a letter yesterday from some company named Inmediata.  They advised me that there was a data security breach discovered in January 2019 and that my data was exposed (not the SS number though).  So I sat there thinking, who in the heck is this?  I called the number to find out how this company received my PHI (protected health information) in the first place.  I think their customer service was not in country (so to speak).  The lady who answered the call (Mayte) decided to recite the contents of the letter.

I said, I don't know your company from Adam.  What gave you access to my PHI?  Mayte wasn't prepared for that question Woman Very Happy  I'm fortunate that I see two doctors and that's only once per year per doctor.  

Mayte said it had to do with insurance.  I said, not likely.  I retired from the insurance company that insures me and they don't use you.  I'm 99.9% sure that my health system doesn't use you.  My ob/gyn however uses a tablet for patients to register each year and in January they provided me a link to register online (ahead of time) and like an idiot I registered ahead of time. 

Mayte confirmed that was how they got my PHI.

SMH, one of the downsides of the government insisting on electronic medical records.  

@Bird mama 

This stuff scares me.  I read on MSN yesterday where Google tracks us if we use their apps.  Why?  Why does Google do that?  I find that creepy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have asthma and have had it since the late 1990's, the only time it seems to rear its ugly head is when I have a cold, I get bronchitis really bad.

I always carry an inhaler, and have one next to where  I am at home, bed and sofa.

I find the fumes have an effect on me and make my breathing a little more difficult

I also carry an epi pen and home to never use it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

1F14A9B0-1108-4634-8008-E95D84C87EAF.jpeg

“Glamorous Life” Harem (not harem) in petite. Mine are black and fit just like these shown...a perfect fit! 

Elasticized waist and nice “flow” from top of leg to a more fitted ankle.

These are such a nice fit and way on sale (HSN) right now.

Thanks 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~