Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 4/13

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

back to my basement clean out

we have 3 typewriters!

can i interest anybody 

@jackthebear   ...

Only if you'll take my IBM Selectric!

Edit -- actually, I think I got rid of that one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

Like @jackthebear , I added a new bag to my ever expanding cache ... don't know why because I rarely get a chance to use all of them.  

@Bird mama couldn't see this large pic when I posted it on the handbag forum ... don't know why it's not reading well ...

[image in this quote removed by dooBdoo]

Good morning, @SoX!   Sorry to interrupt but I was reading this thread and saw your posts about the images...   I wanted to quickly give you a heads up that the images some posters can't see on this thread and the handbag thread (they show up as a small "broken image icon" or an empty box) appear to be copied from someone's MSN.com email account.     I hesitate to explain completely until you see this and decide if you want to go back and delete all of those copied from email if it's a personal account (and perhaps ask others who have quoted that image to remove it), since the information with the full email address is there for anyone reading here to see.    I hope you see this.   I'll check back in a short time to see.    Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I got up just in time to see the LOGO dress I've been stalking intermittently for "in stock" get sold out a 2nd time. The weather here is beautiful again this weekend - 70's and sun. Now that the attic insulation is finished, I want to replace the back door. I want a new back door plus a screen door, so I can let fresh air in during the cherished brief weeks of moderate temps like today. My plan is to have the doors, the frame, and the threshhold installed together as a unit because I don't want hot air, creepy crawlers, or monsoon rain to get in. Idk, would a full unit do the trick?

After the weekends of " spring cleaning," I decided to reward myself and go shopping at b&m stores later today for a couple of casual midi light-weight dresses. I've accrued a few weeks of vacation that I'll take this summer, and I want to finish writing this year's novel then. I like to be cool/comfortable while typing but also be able to take my elderly dog outside every 2-3 hours and be able to go to the mailbox.

I'm also looking online for a new handbag. A Kate Spade satchel I bought this year is too stiff, causing the top zipper to scrape my hands. The Karl Lagerfeld Paris bag I'm using instead now just seems too big for me. This is starting to sound like a Goldilocks story, but I think these are great excuses to buy a new handbag, don't you? Lol. I'm searching for a medium-sized soft leather bag in black that might have tooling, embroidery, or some kind of subtle/floral pattern. And if I happen to see a simple apple red cardigan along the search, so much the better. Oops - that's right, I'm downsizing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Oh, dooBdoo ... that explains why some can see my pics and others can't!   Thanks so very much for alerting me ... I'm asking @LTT1  and @Crystaltree to also please remove the pics on this thread.   

@SoX ,  You're so welcome, my friend!❤️   I've seen this happen before, and it's a wee bit worrisome that the Q doesn't at least warn us to be aware that our copy-and-paste images contain code that displays source and that anyone can see with one click.    Better forum software could fix the problem...  but this website platform is very basic, pre-packaged, and not particularly well-designed or managed.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@dooBdoo 

How vulnerable is that account now ... I'm wondering if I should take steps to change it.

@SoX,  When we copy and paste from an email account, the HTML shows the email address (and some additional code) but doesn't permit us access to that account.    So, it would be a matter of whether you were concerned that anyone could see that account addy.    If it's one that's fairly well established and it would be a pain to create a new one and migrate everything there, I think I'd probably just remove all images here that were copied from it and then watch the account to be sure it doesn't become more of a target for spam.    My guess is that it will be fine.🌻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Whew, that's a relief ... as long as the contents addy are not displayed, I think I'll leave it ... and hope like he** that it doesn't become a spam cannon!

Again, thanks so much ... I don't get to "see" much of you around here anymore ... what's up with you, girlfriend?

Hah!  Love the "spam cannon" imagery,  @SoX!   You're welcome, I'm just glad to help if I can.   I haven't been here as much as before for a few reasons...  I haven't been feeling well, and I admit I allow the negativity to get to me more than I should.   I'm here lurky lurking from time to time, even though I don't have much of value to add to the mix.   Always good to see you!    Take care, and have a lovely weekend!😊