Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 4/13

Good Morning Style Sisters!

This is a rainy weekend for me, so I'll be in slug mode today.

Yesterday I took the day off to accompany BF to his aunt's funeral and shiva, then to deliver cold medicine and supplies to his uncle on the other side of the family, and then to a birthday happy hour.  I went to bed at 8:00, but I'm still tired.

I'll post what I've been up to shopping wise.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 4/13

Some of you may remember that about six weeks or so ago, I treated myself to these two pieces (at FULL PRICE!).  I ordered them in the same sizes, but when I got the skirt, I thought it would look better if I sized up, so I had to send it back and wait another week or so for the replacement.  I always wash things before I wear them, especially for things that might have been garment dyed.  BF took care of the laundry while I was out, and when I came home, I saw that he had washed something RED with them, and there were splotches all over the clothing, like a pen had opened up in the wash.  I spend a day soaking them, pre-treating any of the stains, and washed them again.  Some of the stains came out, but then lightened the pink in other areas, so it didn't look trendy, it just looked ruined.  All before I had even worn them.  I suggested that he reorder me the pieces, and they were still in stock, so yesterday the pieces arrived.  I am going to wash them myself, and maybe this week I can actually wear them, some six weeks after purchasing.  My plan for the ruined ones is to overdye with purple.  That is an Easter project, so we'll see how that goes when I have more time to attend to it.  

Honored Contributor

just got up and it's rainy, hopefully will go away

haven't added much recently, a new bag

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

What a sad tale that is and such a beautiful outfit (having purchased at full price!)

I’m very sorry that happened. 

Glad you were able to repurchase!

It is rainy here too ... in fact it is stormy.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

never washes clothing before wearing

demerits, I guess

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ...

Still dark here ... and cold.   I sent my son this pic of our lake front yesterday ... very high winds!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

never washes clothing before wearing

demerits, I guess

@jackthebear 

Even with pre-washing, several years ago I had a pair of GAP jeans that turned my legs smurf blue from the dye.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Love that outfit, sorry about the laundry trials and tribulations. I don't know the first thing about overdye or related subjects. Would love to see a picture when you do that.

Today I have to get started on my clothes weeding and sorting. Last night I ordered this pair of prasiolite earrings on Etsy, I love them. I've been off my clothes and accessories buying diet and I need to get back on. I'm going to make a tailoring pile and work on that. I treated myself to an Effy prasiolite ring recently at a bargain price of $160 from Macy's. I love it so much. Had never owned any prasiolite before.

il_570xN.1794543769_ipmx.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@SoX 

That picture is very “foreboding!”

May I ask, what are the dark “things” rising up out of the soil?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

This is my Effy ring-the picture does it no justice at all. Stone is the perfect size and color and cut. It sparkles like a diamond in the sun.

effy-jewelry-irl0c546a4_760x740.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"