Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 3/21

@lolakimono 

Any news about Mom's cat?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal   The boxes I ordered are from home reflections

https://www.qvc.com/Home-Reflections-Set-of-2-Large-and-Small-Decor-Boxes.product.H222676.html?sc=SR...

I was looking at bird decor and came across a new offer from VPH

Set of 2 Birds with Embossed Floral Design by Valerie - H221432

The longer I watched the presentation of the birds, no offense to anyone who bought them, the uglier the birds got to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono 

Any news about Mom's cat?

@Bird mama 

Thank you for asking.Heart

He is eating more (got an appetite stimulant) but he only likes ONE flavor, and I don't know how much of that kind of food she has in stock.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Saturday Morning Girls! Like all here, I am truly hoping we are all feeling okay, no health concerns with our loved ones. This is the case for me, DH, my Sister and her family. So far, so good.

For those who know the saga of my husband I'm blessed to say he is doing very well. Especially in this time of this pandemic in conjunction with his Drs he is lung cancer free due to his surgery on the left and radiation on the right. Now we have this most recent world wide crisis to deal with. He went back to work 2 weeks ago. His boss had a meeting with all of the employees last Friday and basically told everyone to stay away from him so he's been working all by himself. Am I concerned? Heck yeah I am but he knows the rules of this game.  We cannot cure him of cancer and lose him to this stuff.

Anyway, onward and upward I say - hey we made it to another SPRING!!!!  At least in between rain storms we've had here in OH my dog Wallace and I have been getting outside to walk checking out what's literally UP in our green world. I love, I mean I LOVE this time of year watching everything by GOD popping up in gardens, flowers opening up to show off what they all do best. It's still very early really but Wal & I see lovely crocuses of many colors, a few daffs here & there, hellebores in an array, redbud trees in bloom, early star magnolias, privots sporting baby leaves just to name a few.

It's such a blessing to witness such new happenings around us. I think it's even more meaningful this spring with all the turmoil around us going on. It's hard to put into perspective how good can go on when some of us may have lost love ones. Never forget all we have, never just take for granted anything anymore.

Take good care, let us continue to practice kindness, appreciate and love all that we still have.

Honored Contributor

Did he have his radiology appointment?

@lolakimono 

Happy Birthday to you Mother

Image result for elegant birthday flowers

She can give the stuffed animal to her cat Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Last week we had an interesting 50th wedding anniversary at home.  Never did I ever think that we would be going through this.  My DH went & got a carry out pizza from our favorite pizza place and yes, we did our dancing in the house.

Since we are staying home for days on end, we decided to do a thorough spring cleaning in the house.  Oh Saturday,we did the entrance closet, liv. rm, kitchen and dining room. This included all of the walls and dishes in the kitchen and China cupboard above the island.

On Sunday we did our master bedroom.  On Monday, we had our eyes tested at my bil's eye clinic.  DH needs new lenses and frames.  I am good to go.  Afterwards we went to see his 94year old mom.  She is doing well m. Since her favorite restaurant is closed on Monday's,we went to McDonalds and ate inside.  There were only three of us there.  

On Tuesday I did my bathroom.

On Wednesday we did the tiny hallway.  It's a good thing that my DH is tall.  There are 3 doorways.  He has been doing all of the high areas and I do the low ones.  It saves me from going up & down so much.

On Thursday we did our grocery shopping.  Got what we needed, but no tp, paper towels or Chlorox wipes etc.  Very few people in the grocery stores was a good thing.

Yesterday/last night,  we did my sewing room/computer room.  This was the hardest one.

We did a major decluttering job & took a lot of things to St. Vincent's which is now closed.

I was so hungry for Chinese food yesterday, but the restaurant is closed.  Lots of restaurants are doing drive thru or curbside, so we drove thru Culver's.  We

One day I hung out 3 loads of laundry.  Lots of curtains etc.  I am so glad that we have a hot tub.  

We have both been able to get our 3 month supply of mail order rx's.  Now I am praying that I will be able to get my next infusion on 04/06.

Today we are going to take it easy.

Our dgc are on Spring break this week until further notice.  Our eldest dgs is a freshman at the UW -Madison and had to move out of his dorm room on Thursday.  He is sad that he won't be able to go back and finish the semester. Thank goodness he is going to be moving in to an apt. in June I think). We wanted to see them, but it's not safe to do it right now.  They have all been sick.

It's a sunny day here today, but it won't last long.  We are supposed to have a few rainy days 

I hope that all of you are well.  It's the little things in life that are so important to me right now.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

BF is now making @house_cat  skillet cookie with GF flour.

Yesterday he made GF zucchini bread with chocolate chips (AKA my breakfast).  

We had a burner that was temperamental.  At the beginning of the week I ordered a new electrical kit, and replaced the terminal block.

Image result for PS470125 Terminal Block Kit

For lunch yesterday, I used our cast iron grill pan to "grill" some eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash slices, while my polenta slices were roasting in the oven.

That burner heated up quickly and it wasn't long before the smoke detectors (hard wired) started screaming on all three floors.  I was manning the grill, BF was flailing around with a towel trying to fan out the air, and the cats were in no-man's land.  They must have gone on for 15 minutes, even with the doors/windows open.  By the time we sat down to eat our "stackers" we were both exhausted from the noise/running around.  

@lolakimono 

It's my husband's birthday and our plans for a nice dinner out and seeing Redwood at the Jungle Theater are of course out of the question. So instead I bought all the necessary ingredients to make cinnamon rolls. We recently binged on The Great British Baking Show and he comes from a big family of "man-cookers" with a father who specialized in baking huge pans of cinnamon rolls every Friday morning to take to their lake home. (The neighbors loved him!)

I had to go to four groceries just to find yeast--everyone must be baking these days. This could go one of two ways--either we will have great fun baking together or, well, not...

Wish me well!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  Thank you for sharing such good news about your husband.  You made my week Heart 

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. Happy Birthday to your Dad @lolakimono . I think of your thread about that student and I know your Dad would be so proud of you. I know just what you mean about the CV threads after this morning. I looked at the page and some of the topics are just really out there. To the point of being irresponsible, in my humble opinion.

As someone who lives with depression and anxiety I do understand that's the reason some people here are posting such things, and they need to have that outlet. But I had a really bad day yesterday and looking at that stuff this morning...I know I just can't do it any more.

Every day is like groundhog day for me. I have ambitious plans of things I should be doing indoors, but I feel so down that I don't even start them. I'm expecting an Instacart delivery tomorrow morning, hopefully I get at least some of it. Not buying anything other than essentials. I get out for a walk every day in a park that's huge, so social distancing is possible.

Yesterday I ordered some paper towels and flushable wipes from Walmart, every online site is out of tp or not delivering it. I have plenty for now but I'm worried about down the road. Who knows if I'll even get it. For some reason the few orders I've ever made with Walmart don't work out well for me. Had ordered some tp from Target, then they emailed me and said it would be delayed. Will probably never receive it.

Hope everyone here stays healthy. Please keep starting your fashion threads @lolakimono 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   Bless you my friend, thank you!