Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 3/21

Oh no @Skezeldog  - I'm sorry to read this. I'm so sorry you and your husband must live with the rules in place right now. I am glad though that your area hospital was able to take him in. God's speed to you both, I pray that he gets back to his normal so you can be rejoined.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I hear you on you both working it together in all sorts of household chores. I think it helps you both in many ways actually.

And then you both can do an "Ahh" while warming and relaxing in the hottub. Good for you for having one to enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

PinkDogwood, most of the time we work good together except in the cooking category.  He had to learn how to do a lot of things 18 years ago when I was diagnosed with CIDP.  Now we automatically help each other out.  We have had a hot tub for 18 years.  Actually, we are on our 2nd one.   Water therapy was recommended for me by my neurologist at the Mayo Clinic.  Bless his heart.  In a dozen different ways!  Hugs to you and your DH.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

I'm glad he likes that recipe, and I'm so glad you reminded me of it. The only thing that keeps any meat on DH's bones is the cakes that he snacks on in the late evening hours.  I made a batch of decadent brownies about three days ago, and between him and my son, they're gone.  He showed me the empty container last night, with a very sad look on his face. I was wondering what to do next and I think that chocolate chip cookie is a great idea.  Normally, I stay away from cookie baking because it's a pain in the butt.

I haven't been on the boards all week. We started "distance learning" on Monday and I haven't been this busy since my first year teaching.  I've long used platforms like G-Classroom, but this situation means revamping ALL my lessons to be digitally interactive.  It's extremely time consuming.  I'm glad to have the distraction, honestly, but Q3 grades were also due this week so it was a whirlwind of activity. My MacBook is smoking!

We had the bathrooms renovated this past fall and wouldn't you know... the bath is leaking when it drains and started coming through my kitchen ceiling.  I pretty much threatened the plumber with a lawsuit if he didn't show up, but I don't think he gives a 💩, pardon the plumbing pun. 

DH is immune compromised and very wary about having the plumber in the house, but it makes me nuts to have spent thousands of dollars and not able to use the master bath/shower.

I love my family, but I've warned my close friends that if one of them turns up dead in the next couple of months, it won't be from the virus. 

*for those of you who don't know me... that's a joke. Probably.

In any case, this is the first time I've logged onto the boards all week and saw that you'd tagged me, but I haven't read through the thread yet.  I hope all of you are safe and well.  Los Angeles is on "lockdown" as I call it, the mayor has a nicer term for it, but it's gonna be a tough few weeks or months.

Again, I apologize for not having read through the thread, I'm going to do that now.

Thanks for letting me rant away.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  I'm happy for your wonderful news!

@LTT1 Congrats on your move!

@lolakimono  Both of those comforters are darling

@Bird mama  Is the weather bringing more birds to your home yet?

Well, I'm almost 2 days late in posting for Saturday morning's AM Style. I think that shows how I'm doing overall. It's been 9 days since we were told to stay home in our state. I'm getting less done around the house than when I've had to leave it to go to work. I submitted a form online this week to retire at the end of spring. I'm so bored even though I spend time working remotely each day. I should be starting to write my next novel, but I'm not in the mood. I can only watch the news in snippets. 

I bought the TSV maxi dresses. I think it was an impulse buy - Lol, but I need clothes that fit me. I bought the D&Co #A351563 top and a pair of blue skinny pants that I thought would match. They didn't. I'm not going to return the pants, but I bought a different pair in sapphire blue.

image.png

But the thing is, I'm not going anywhere to wear these clothes. As @lolakimono said, things could be shut down for months and then I'll be retired. And another thing is, I don't want to lose any more weight. But, staying home and being so stressed doesn't make me feel thrilled to eat.

I'm worried about my child who is currently the Data Scientist for a major medical facility on the East Coast while finishing the physics doctorate. (Workaholism is in the family's genes.) The work is now remote, but growing up my child had severe chronic asthma from age 2-15. It came back while an undergrad at Columbia U. My child tries to assure me all is well.

I'm still searching for a condo so I can move to a cooler climate, but Idk how it could work out in these challenging times.

I went to Trader Joe's a couple weeks ago and bought 3 bags of dark chocolate covered pretzels that are sitting unopened in the pantry. I haven't had any sweets or even Starbucks since Christmas, but I think those pretzels might be calling my name pretty soon.

Stay well, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

Any chance of moving to the East Coast?

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Thank you for your well wishes.

Listen, I want to say to you, THANK YOU for your adult child for being in the front lines (almost) for putting him/herself into part of the scientific world to hopefully be one of many trying desparately to find a cure, a vaccine, something to work for all of us. It is truly folks like your child to be here for hopefully a quick miraculous new discovery that this world needs.

Respected Contributor

Hi @lolakimono , maybe the East Coast. Things are pretty unsettled. I guess I have more time to look and decide now.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Dawnie   

Do you ladies mind telling me which ones you are purchasing (L-lysine).  I have recurring herpes about my face and mouth.  I had a really bad case of shingles which got into my eye about 3-4 years ago and used a ton of Valacyclovir (which also cost a ton) and what I have now is not that serious but annoying and painful.

@Nonametoday 

I buy this-

And I use this-

IMO, the best thing to do is also research RE diet the lysine vs. arginine balance.  If I eat too many arginine foods, for sure I will get cold sores.  I also need to stay out of the sun.  I went sailing the Fri. before Labor Day with some teacher friends, and even with a sun hat and a ridiculously high SPF, I got TWO, one each in opposite quadrants.  

I have a rash that won't go away...my dermatologist said it is due to shingles. It never blistered and it has been on my left side since October. I had no pain and I think it may be because I take LDN (low dose naltrexone).

I started taking Andrew Lessman lysine (400mg)

1BA13AFD-E7C3-4405-9ECA-6822D05C08BD.jpeg

I take 4 capsules in the am and 4 capsules in the pm.

A study that was done found that Tagamet (5 tablets/day) prevented/helped heal shingles, so I take that also. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~