Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 3/21

We just finished breakfast which was a bowl of homemade granola cereal and a K cup of coffee.  

Loka, your gf zucchini bread with chocolate chips sounds like a good breakfast.  I like my homemade strawberry rhubarb muffins, which I will have to bake again real soon.  It's not a good thing when the smoke detectors go off for no reason.  Deafening for sure 

tennesseegal, yes, Queen Elizabeth 11 is amazing.  Since my late Mom and my mil were both born in the UK. I enjoy seeing her pictures too.  

I am still ox ox, I know the feeling of staying home, since I also have an AI disorder too.  We had planned to take a two week road trip to Louisiana in April.  I'm sure that we are not going then.  Maybe in May if it's not hot down there.  

Bird Mama. Hi.

PinkDogwood, thanks for your lovely message.   Prayers for you and your DH that he stays safe and healthy now that he's back to work.  I am looking forward to seeing the tulips coming up hopefully pretty soon.  I am so happy to start hanging out the laundry and riding my moped.  Oops, I just heard the ❄❄❄ word for Monday.

Magicmoodz, happy birthday to your dh.  It's too bad that your plans have been cancelled.  Those cinnamon rolls sound amazing.  Good luck with getting your supplies.  Our grocery stores were pretty bare on Thursday.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono@Bird mama , and all,

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOLA,  this one is unique!  I can hear the birds singing outside my window.  Usually there is so much hubbub and traffic, they go elsewhere.  Seems like we've found the solution to climate change!

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD LOVE her shoes today!

Trusted Contributor

Everyone- please stay safe!  

I saw a sign the other day on a church.  It said "If you have time to worry, then you have time to pray."   Sounds like good advice.

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

grocery store report not bad

some stuff not stocked, but its fine 

Contributor

Morning, always read thread and so enjoy your post.  Husband's Afib went crazy yesterday so he's in hospital.  I was only allowed to drop phone off outside ER entrance. So he's alone in cardiac care while I sit alone home.  This madness has to stop, we can't live like this.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Dawnie   

Do you ladies mind telling me which ones you are purchasing (L-lysine).  I have recurring herpes about my face and mouth.  I had a really bad case of shingles which got into my eye about 3-4 years ago and used a ton of Valacyclovir (which also cost a ton) and what I have now is not that serious but annoying and painful.

@Nonametoday 

I buy this-

Image result for now double strength lysine

And I use this-

Image result for lysine lip ointment

IMO, the best thing to do is also research RE diet the lysine vs. arginine balance.  If I eat too many arginine foods, for sure I will get cold sores.  I also need to stay out of the sun.  I went sailing the Fri. before Labor Day with some teacher friends, and even with a sun hat and a ridiculously high SPF, I got TWO, one each in opposite quadrants.  

Image result for lysine vs arginine

Thank you everyone for this.  I am sorry I am late, but my gardener arrived and we had a difficult time getting the cord on the weedeater.  And I have lots of weeds.

@lolakimono   Thank you for starting this trend on the Forum.

Esteemed Contributor

I am still ox ox, it sounds like you are doing a great job at home.  We watch TPIR each day, but lots of special reports are interrupting it this week.  We have a good local radio that we enjoy every afternoon and evening.  

Jdtmum, I have been at home for the last 18 years & my DH took early retirement  17 year's to take care of my needs.  I am one that doesn't like clutter, so it's been kind of fun fine tuning the house.  We took quite a few things to St. Vincent's & now it's closed until further notice.  Next week It's going to be one room a day in the finished basement.  Since we are staying in as much as we can, I need to keep myself busy.  What I do miss is eating out.  Especially a good breakfast.  I might have to come & get paper towels and tp though.

PinkDogwood, since I am afraid to go out unless necessary, It's been kind of fun cleaning the house.  It's a much easier job with both of us doing our part. The hot tub is wonderful and keeping us sane.  

Shezel, I am so sorry to see that your dh's in the hospital and you are home all be. Hugs coming your way.  We have had a challenging 18 months, but things are going well with us now.

I am thankful for a nice 🌞🌞🌞 day.  It's amazing at the little things that make me happy 😀😀😀.  

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the weekly thread @Skezeldog   I'm sorry to read that your beloved is in the hospital with AFIB.  My mind understands the need to keep visitors out of the hospital.  My heart has a harder time with it.  If it's okay with you, I'll pray that your husband is stabilized quickly and back home with you in no time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor