Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 3/14

@Bird mama Wednesday this past week I had to take the day off - Dog was at the vet for all day testing and I wanted to be able to get him as quickly as I could knowing he'd be pretty stressed and getting out of work once I"m there is not always easy...

Had to put gas in the car so headed to my local BJ's.  Figured I'd pickup my "Saturday" run on Wednesday because I was there and it would save time. 

OMG--What is wrong with people? Frantic...grabbing stuff like the plague was coming.  Exactly how much toilet paper do they think they need?  The guys working in the store were on forklift trucks backing in pallets of TP, it was flying out the doors! 

Do people not have cleaning supplies at home that they use regularly?  

If they get this flu it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get back on your feet.  40 or 50 rolls of toilet paper is overkill! 

It's insanity. 

and ps...I bought toilet paper because it's probably going to be $10 a roll soon because of this.  I give up.  I really want to be a dog in my next life.  They are far more intelligent than humans!

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 Congrats!  You go girl!

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

There's no way around it @jackthebear  'it's' going to get worse before it get better.  I can't really criticize people for being afraid.  I don't want to pass a respiratory infection to my birds so that is why I have a concern.  If I had no pets I probably would be less worried. 

If my frail parents were still alive my anxiety probably would have been through the roof.

@Bird mama Are you certain this is transmissable to birds? I honestly don't know.  I"m with you about having somebody compromised in the family.  I (personally)would definetly stay away from them where I'm in the lab.  One of my tecs has a son with CF, they just closed his school.  He's relieved that the school closed but is concerned about finding a sitter and time off (wife works in an OR) Told him to take whatever time he needs, family first.  Nobody would give him any issue about that. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum   Many years ago I was advised by two vets that some respiratory infections could be passed from people to animals.  There has been a case in Hong Kong that a dog picked up a lesser case of COVID-19 from it's human.

In a healthy situation, birds have sensitive respiratory systems.  There are do's and don'ts to follow when you have birds.  

I'd rather be overly cautious with my babies than not.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama agreed. Can never be  too cautious with my pets!

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Bird mama Wednesday this past week I had to take the day off - Dog was at the vet for all day testing and I wanted to be able to get him as quickly as I could knowing he'd be pretty stressed and getting out of work once I"m there is not always easy...

Had to put gas in the car so headed to my local BJ's.  Figured I'd pickup my "Saturday" run on Wednesday because I was there and it would save time. 

OMG--What is wrong with people? Frantic...grabbing stuff like the plague was coming.  Exactly how much toilet paper do they think they need?  The guys working in the store were on forklift trucks backing in pallets of TP, it was flying out the doors! 

Do people not have cleaning supplies at home that they use regularly?  

If they get this flu it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get back on your feet.  40 or 50 rolls of toilet paper is overkill! 

It's insanity. 

and ps...I bought toilet paper because it's probably going to be $10 a roll soon because of this.  I give up.  I really want to be a dog in my next life.  They are far more intelligent than humans!

@Jtdmum 

RE toilet paper, I can only speak for myself.  BF and I are now "working from home" over the next two weeks.  We have two bathrooms.  We will definitely go through more TP in the next two weeks because both of us are home all home all day.  I imagine in families of 5, for example, if the kids/parents are gone usually and are now home, the consumption will be up.  

Esteemed Contributor

I slept in until 9:00.  I will be reading all of your posts later.

Bteakfast was donuts with SF frosting & a yummy cup of coffee.  It's been an uneventful week except for going to the gym. Two days this week, It was just my DH and I.  Yesterday there were 4 of us.   I sanitize everything before It's used & afterwards.

Today is Our 50th wedding anniversary.  We had planned to go out for dinner tonight and then to the Firemen's Dance.  It's my dh's small hometown in which we were married.

All schools are closed for at least two weeks.  They are saying, stay home unless you have to go out.  We are listening and obeying     We are having pizza brought in by my DH from our favorite pizza place.  The Dance has been cancelled.  We will be dancing around our house since its open concept.  We have been practicing for a few weeks.

Yesterday we did minimal shopping and people were hoarding tp, paper towels, wipes etc.  We bought none of that  but it's nearly impossible to find.

Today we are starting to do our spring cleaning.  

This is our 3rd interesting anniversary in 50 years.  18 years ago my DH drove me to the Mayo Clinic for a two week stay getting plasma pheresis (sp)?  I went in a quadriplegic & came out the same way.  Then 4 weeks of PT in a Madison hospital.

Last year on our 49th wedding anniversary,  he got very sick while we were waiting for friends at Applebee's.  3 days in a hospital for a dehydration diagnosis.

This year we are counting our many blessings.  We are faithful in the Lord & know that he has us in the palm of His hand.

It's a good thing that we celebrated with our dd, her family and best friends last Saturday.  She brought a beautiful cake.  Our ds and ddil sent a beautiful flower arrangement yesterday.  We have received lots of beautiful cards.  We have lots of wonderful memories.

We are still planning to take a two week road trip to Louisiana in April.  Lord willing.  

I hope that you all have a nice safe weekend.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   what struck me most about your post this morning is that you will still be dancing around your home after pizza.  Heart   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono After reading about your week Sweetie, the school system needs to treat you to a vacation!!!

It could be done in the form of a grant to keep a stellar teacher like you from burning out.  Please take care of yourself!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono. 😭
@twinny70 🥰 Happy 50th wedding anniversary!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~