Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 3/14

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono @Bird mama 

ok well I have lost 15# to date. 
need new

def need swimsuit and matching shoes for pool now since I'm figuring the crowd will be youngies!

so therefore I will need a tan et al oh my

and bras...again🙄

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Mrjtb at grocery store,

TP section stripped bare

milk 98 % depleted

8A01C935-E764-4535-B415-31A9BE25DE91.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I did some grocery shopping yesterday at my local Meijers.  One of the most interesting experiences that I've had in my life.

• Toilet paper - none 
  • Paper towel - getting low
  • Any brands of sanitizer, wipes or disinfecting sprays - none
  • Nitrile or latex gloves - none
  • Liquid bleach (any brand) - none
  • Alcohol or alcohol swabs - none
  • Soup - nearly out
  • Instant potatoes, rice dishes, macaroni and cheese, pastas/noodles - none
  • Entire side of one bread aisle - empty
  • Deli area that has breads - nearly empty
  • Eggs - getting scarce
  • Milk - barely holding
  • Meats - butchers can't cut it fast enough
  • Canned veggies (beans, corn, carrots) fruits (cling peaches, cling pears etc) -  selling out
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I did some grocery shopping yesterday at my local Meijers.  One of the most interesting experiences that I've had in my life.

• Toilet paper - none 
  • Paper towel - getting low
  • Any brands of sanitizer, wipes or disinfecting sprays - none
  • Nitrile or latex gloves - none
  • Liquid bleach (any brand) - none
  • Alcohol or alcohol swabs - none
  • Soup - nearly out
  • Instant potatoes, rice dishes, macaroni and cheese, pastas/noodles - none
  • Entire side of one bread aisle - empty
  • Deli area that has breads - nearly empty
  • Eggs - getting scarce
  • Milk - barely holding
  • Meats - butchers can't cut it fast enough
  • Canned veggies (beans, corn, carrots) fruits (cling peaches, cling pears etc) -  selling out

i think that this will pass , it is just a sign of something , not sure what word to use.

with out getting us censored kwim

Honored Contributor

There's no way around it @jackthebear  'it's' going to get worse before it get better.  I can't really criticize people for being afraid.  I don't want to pass a respiratory infection to my birds so that is why I have a concern.  If I had no pets I probably would be less worried. 

If my frail parents were still alive my anxiety probably would have been through the roof.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

you need that Nashville tee

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

@Bird mama 

@jackthebear 

@I am still oxox 

@Jtdmum 

My mom just called to cancel.  Her cat had to be taken to the vet this a.m., has lost weight and now they think a heart murmur.  They want to do testing (1K).  She is concerned about CHF or something like that, a defect in the breed.  

I can't rebook because for all I know we may have to extend the school year into summer.  

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

i live, love love those pink gingham sneakers and WANT!

the scarf is really nice too!

@Jtdmum 

what does that mean, the second part came back negative? I guess I have missed some important medical info somewhere along the way!

We went to our PCP practice on Tuesday (because I needed a new rx before our trip) and for an ear full about that practice's recommendations for the CV. The PA is a woman we really enjoy and poor thing! She said she was stressed to the max over the quickly changing recommendations being initiated. It was interesting though.

@LTT1 Good morning! 

The actual lab test for this flu is two part.  The first part simply indicates you have the flu (most adults can figure that out without a test) The media is flying with this as a statistic calling those testing positive for the flu as "presumptive" or presumably infected by this particular strain.  The second part of the assay is what breaks the virus down into the particular strain.  There are also an abundance of tests available, whether or not your doctor has access or knows how to get access is another story in its entirety.  

The average age worldwide of somebody actually passing from this is 80.  If you're not compromised (especially lung/heart) and you do contract this (and it is very communicable) you'll most likely get a really awful case of the flu and you need to stay away from those who are not infected. 

Truthfully, working in a lab--I'm not even a little bit concerned about this and i'm more likely to come in contact with this than many.  Do what your mother hopefully taught you-wash your hands, cover your mouth (in your shoulder/sleve) if you sneeze or cough and practice good hygiene.  It's not that difficult - it's just been taken to an outrageously hysterical level.  Stay healthy!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   Sometimes life just gets in the way of plans.  I'm sure your mother is worried sick about her cat and I hope that the vets are able to get to the bottom of the issue.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Oh no!  Sorry for both kitty and for you!  How old is her kitty? 

My vet bills are absolutely just off the wall right now.  Meds alone are crazy and we're doing all day visits once monthly.  He's been doing well but today seems a bit down, the Cushings seems to be acting up today and he has a staff infection from seasonal allergies that are flaring up.  

I just wish they could talk to us to tell us!!! Is that asking too much?