Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 2/4

[ Edited ]

@Nomorebirthdays

You are not highjacking the thread.  It's not like we have that much to talk about from AM Style, rofl.

I am city born and bread and when my DH was alive, we found what looked like an empty nest on our patio after a bad storm.  I'm in Michigan and we can have some doozy storms.

Fast forward - I put the nest is a plastic grocery bag and set it on top of the recycling containers in the attached garage.  24 hours later we heard chirping, the bag acted like an incubator.

Neither one of us had any bird experience and we successfully raised two sparrows (they imprinted) straight out of the egg.  There was one male - Poppi and his sister - Peewee.

My Peewee passed 4th of July weekend 2014, she was 9 years, 9 days old.  Her brother Poppi is still going strong - he is 11 1/2 years old.  Grayson, the pigeon that joined my family arrived in 2009 - so much damage from some kind of attack he couldn't be released into the wild.  In 2013, my niece brought me a naked sparrow that had been wandering around her yard blind (no eyes opened yet).  She is Presto and is a Mama's girl.

I grew up with cats and dogs.  There is something to be said for living with birds - it's like living in a Disney movie.  Mine have access to 30 inch flight cages - doors stay open.  I converted a couple of rooms to aviaries and I'd swear they are living long because they are not 'caged'.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Was that when you were diagnosed? At the Mayo Clinic the year after Jamaica? Two weeks? WOW

It is @Iamstilloxox whose husband is having hip surgery during the first part of March.

We had planned to go to PA to see DGCs first of March.

Got surprising news that the OTHER DBIL has cancer of the ureter. So, our trip has been postponed.

This news means DH now has two brothers with CA. 😢

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Thanks all for the welcome. I really have no business on fashion thread. I am a jeans and t-shirts kind of girl. I have a closet full, nothing fancy. Like my jewels though. 

I am such a home body, I tend to look like I dumpster dive at home LOL

Don't want to get my nice stuff dirty. My SG dress pants will out live me.

Again TY

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama 

@Bird mama wrote:

Speaking of bras (since Breezies in on air right now), I can't believe Hanes discontinued my style.  They used to be called Barely There by Hanes and then they changed them to another style number.  I went to price some bras at various sites and whammo - style is discontinued.

I hate bras period, so here I go again, trying to find another style.  I may try some stores to see if there any of my style left in stock.

Hate when that happens! I like these Bali wirefree and Genies. It's so personal though, you almost have to try them on in the store first.

Valued Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

Thanks all for the welcome. I really have no business on fashion thread. I am a jeans and t-shirts kind of girl. I have a closet full, nothing fancy. Like my jewels though. 

I am such a home body, I tend to look like I dumpster dive at home LOL

Don't want to get my nice stuff dirty. My SG dress pants will out live me.

Again TY

lol... this is like looking in the mirror, I wear sweats when I work so if someone wants to skype I have to go put on a "nice" tee and some makeup. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

For a bra, I put my measurements in on one site and they recommended sports bras! 

I am going to purchase an ace bandage and just wrap my middle!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono@Buttercups@Nomorebirthdays@Bird mama@twinny70

Bye everyone! Wishing you a great week! Thanks for the chat! 

@lolakimono

We missed you-- hope your session was good!

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

opinions please! Fit 4 U romper...Rebecca close to my body type. Mabey slight smaller chest. Heading to Boco R visit GChildren. Do you like the cascading style? Need a new suit. Mean I want new!! Lol

@Sweet_Serenity  I bought that suit when it first came out about 4/5 years ago.  It stretched so badly that when I got out of the pool it was to my knees.  Also when I would swim the ruffles would fly in my face.  It was thrown away after just a few wearings.

Unless some improvements have been made, I would not recommend this suit..  

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@twinny70

Was that when you were diagnosed? At the Mayo Clinic the year after Jamaica? Two weeks? WOW

@It is @Iamstilloxox whose husband is having hip surgery during the first part of March.

We had planned to go to PA to see DGCs first of March.

Got surprising news that the OTHER DBIL has cancer of the ureter. So, our trip has been postponed.

This news means DH now has two brothers with CA. 😢

I was diagnosed starting in July & final diagnosis was in October of 2001 when I had a terrible relapse.  We were in Jamaica in March of 2000.  DH had a motel room for 2 weeks while I was under going plasma pheuresis (sp)? treatments.  

So sorry about your DH 's cancer diagnosis.

Iamstilloxox, prayers that your DH's hip surgery goes well.  We travel like fools sometimes as I am making up for lost time.