Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 2/27

@lolakimono @Greeneyedlady21 @Nonametoday @DancinQueen @jackthebear 

This is one of my A purchases right now...

8C5FCA26-887A-49B4-811B-64197372449A.jpeg

in process of finding the right size.

They are good about accepting returns due to sizing issues

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

masks

still looking for good fitting ones,

the basic med ones are fine, and I have plenty 

but I bought some cloth ones. for fun, but hard to get a good fit, 

ideas?  I don't mind spending but it's hard to know if they will fit 

@jackthebear 

I have been living in a Jewish convent for the past year, LOL.

I made my own four layer ones with ribbon ties.  I have one that ties around the back of my head in the middle and below my neck (like a surgeon) and I made one that goes behind my ears.

The longest that I have worn a mask is for a few hours, but I already know that I cannot wear something behind my ears for 8 hours.  Right now I wear this wireless bluetooth mic/headset, and my ears are RED by the end of the day, usually enough that I have to rotate to the other side of my face to make it through the day.

I cannot imagine wearing a mask, this headset, staring at two screens and possibly my reading glasses at the same time.  I know I will get migraines. 

In anticipation of a retun to school, I bought the VB kids masks (I got 18) to last four days of school.  Most of the language teachers in my FB groups are reporting that they have to change masks after each class because they are damp from talking.  When I approach my allergy shot, I usually get very BIG sneezes before/after the days that I go in for it. 

The VB kids ones have the pocket, so I bought the five layer filters to go inside.  I will probably "cook" them on the stovetop on Fridays and drip dry so that they're ready to go for Mondays.  I like that they can be changed if you cut the ties or you can wear them around the head.  Then I feel like they fit my face better.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Lucky you! So glad you’re “in”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

Good morning to all.  Here's my fashion purchase for the week.  Ran to Costco for a box of Keurig coffee refills for the Hubs yesterday during senior hours.  Picked up a nicely made 3/4 sleeve lilac top.  Nicely made, scoop neck, 3/4 sleeve, curved hem front and back.  Looks very much like the Isaac top that was on, but with a longer sleeve.  All cotton, not pima....$9.99.  Works for me in Quarantine!

Honored Contributor

is it me or is 

Tushy Lifter Pants

an awful name for a pair of pants

Regular Contributor

@lolakimono    I bought the Vera Bradley set of 4 from the Q a few months back.  I like that they have the ties that go around my head (not ears!) and are adjustable.  I have been wearing them over the surgical mask if I need to go out.  They are comfortable in the summer...have the nose brace also.  DH wanted gaitors for the winter....ended up sewing in nose brackets on them so they didn't slide off his nose.  Also got some adjustable mask straps (thank you A) and have stitched them onto the masks that had the ear loops.  Much more comfortable to wear.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Long story short, the "mass" vaccination ticket came up the day before my allergist appointment, so I declined it, which means I go back into the hopper.  I think the next clinic (dose 1) is on March 10.

A vaccine hunter in my FB group posted that she was holding three appointments at a local CVS, so after consulting with my doctor, I'm headed to get dose 1 on Wednesday.

I am still working from home, waiting to hear about my accommodation request.  My allergist has to complete another round of paperwork, so perhaps that will buy another week before the great "decision."

@lolakimono Not sure which vac your area is distributing?  I had Moderna #2 on Weds.  After hearing horror stories about days in bed sick, I got up Thurs feeling like I had worked out hard the day before (actually kind of did) and had a headache, got a bit dizzy.  I took the day off (not driving) and I'm now 100% vaccinated and happy it's over.  First shot I was a bit absent minded (blonde as my peeps would say!) and that went away quick too.  Everyone is different, hope you do well with it and please keep us posted!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

What do we think about the Muses hoodie jacket with the bejewelments?  Not feeling it.  Just not feeling it.

meh

when she said the embellishments are a labor of love, I'm like sure, in a Chinese factory?  try my other leg 

@jackthebear  I just fell on the floor. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

It will be the Moderna version.  

Honored Contributor

From Shopgoodwill, I got these vintage silver llama spoons, that I am using in the Chinese herbs (that I drink like a tea) from my acupuncturist.