Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 2/10

[ Edited ]

Morning all...

In a mood here.  Got 10.5 inches of snow on the southside.  Didn't want to drive to my favorite coffe place for last 2 days cause the roads look so  awful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama

They put anesthesia in the eye, I took advil for the pain and eye gel for the dryness.

wrote:

@I am still oxox  Injections in the eye?  Can they do anything for you re: the pain?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning @hopi  I just glanced out the kitchen window as I was refilling my coffee cup and the flurries have started.  I'm glad that the errands I need to run involve businesses that are no more than 4 miles from my house.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  I'm sorry it hurt however I'm happy that there is something that they can do for the condition.  I just had my first eye exam in many, many years and I held my breath when it came time to talk about my retina and macula.  Yea, I'm at the beginning of developing cataracts, but the other two things are fine.  Ma had macular degeneration (can't remember if it was wet or dry) and that's the one thing I was really interested in.

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Well we are finally out of the cold here in Fl.  It was 80 yesterday and about the same today.  Fl. was about to lose its designation as the Sunshine State.  It has been cold and cloudy, but yesterday beautiful!

Hope none of you getting that nasty flu.  My daughter just got home to Fl. after a ski trip out west and immediately came down with the flu, probably from the long flight home and the germ filled air on the plane.

Esteemed Contributor

Heads up, snow bunnies!   Just ordered this Primetime Special from IM ... the faux fur pom pom is removable ...

http://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live!-SOHO-Textured-Infinity-Scarf-a

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox  Wishing you well with your eye treatments.  Uncomfortable, but if it helps, so worth it.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @Dawnie

Honored Contributor

@SoX

Ooooo That is VERY PRETTY!

Cashmere!

Which color?

@gmkb

The sight of a fox waiting for bacon is funny!

is your daughter well yet?

@Bird mama

Glad your eyes are out of the woods😀

Macular Degeneration runs in our family...both DFIL  and DBIL has/have to have shots in the eye. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama, re: ruptured eardrum, I have no idea why it happened. The doctors seem to assume I had a cold and was coughing (with an additional sinus infection), I didn't have a cold, but maybe a bit of sinus congestion is all. I started noticing pain right below the ear, like those glands that are there. Thought to myself, oh shoot, I might be catching a cold, (this is one evening while I was making dinner), anyway by the time we were going to eat, it hurt quite a lot, and I couldn't chew or swallow, then within 15-20 minutes the pain went away for the most part, so I thought no more about it. Couple hours later, my ear was bleeding. I told hubby well this is so not normal, (still no major pain), and I thought the bleeding had stopped after maybe a half hour or so. So anyway next morning the ear was full of dried blood, so I called my doctor and went in, she ordered Amoxicillin and ear drops and set up an apptmt with the ENT for the next day, he couldn't see the actual hole due to all the scab and it hurt a lot when he tried to remove it, so I continued on the FP's orders and went back to ENT yesterday. Seems all is ok, except the ringing (it's kind of like cicada's noise, but not as loud, thank goodness) . Sorry if this was too graphic this early in the morning. lol Anyway, I have to say I was surprised because I would have thought that rupturing an eardrum would be much more painful than this was, learned something new again.

"To each their own, in all things".