Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 12/15

@Snicks1   Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@sligo

I know BD has a following but I don't have any of their pieces.  When I am at home lounging, it's with a robe so that I can tuck my cat in for some cuddles.  Cat Very Happy  I think if you want to try their stuff, this would be a good price/time, because you can always test it out and return it if you don't like it.  

If I just want to be cozy and I am going out or it's not pajama time, I like the fleece lined and sherpa lined hoodies from LLB. I have their credit card, so I always have free shipping/returns, and their quality is very good.  I like that I don't have to worry about it being too voluminous and tripping over anything.  

I bought these new colors this year-

I wear them as outerwear if it's not too cold out, or inside the house instead of a sweater.

On our school spirit days, I would wear one over one of our school tees, because I float around the building and each room is a different temperature.  I prefer them to sweaters, and I like that I can keep my neck warm.  

Honored Contributor

@sligo

I don't know if you saw this thread, but if you still need fashion gifts at a reasonable price, I am very happy with my purchases.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/GIFT-Alert-Fashion-Pashminas/m-p/5111044#M550216

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  I know JCP's inventory better than JCP employees.  I'm sure about that, lol.  Timing is everything and you just missed them practically giving those coats away.   

My sister's employer does a coat drive and you may recall around Labor Day me saying that she and I went to a huge mall named Great Lakes crossing where we walked for nearly 8 hours.  We stopped into a Burlington there and I said, let me look for coats, I got a feeling I will find something here for your coat drive. 

I said, you always buy for girls.  What about little boys?  Boy did I find 2 great winter coats for boys.  One for a wee boy and one for a larger boy.  These were really well made and the type of coat I would put my own son in, if I had a son.  Again I think it was timing.  We were able to get 2 coats for a song. 

The thought of a child not having a coat for winter practically gives me chest pains.  Bless you for making sure two kids will be warrm this season.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

Sorry if I offend anyone, but in my own opinion, this is hideous, even worse than that awful SG tiered top that she had, and may still be avl, IDK, but this one is from Nordstrom's. Yuck. Lol

i have susan's three tiered top in black, royal blue and deep maroon.  i get compliments every time i wear it.  it'a fabulous top.   

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@jackthebear I wanted to wait for a deep discount too, but I walk outside for exercise and the other puffer coat I have is a maxi. Super warm but not the most practical for walking. The coat I got looks like it has a heavy duty zipper and that's what sold me. Can't stand that they put such cheap zippers on many coats.

Plus I can return it to the local TJ Maxx if I have to. Their in store selection of winter coats is abysmal 

that makes sense if you need it now, 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

Sorry if I offend anyone, but in my own opinion, this is hideous, even worse than that awful SG tiered top that she had, and may still be avl, IDK, but this one is from Nordstrom's. Yuck. Lol

i have susan's three tiered top in black, royal blue and deep maroon.  i get compliments every time i wear it.  it'a fabulous top.   

@Blingqueen023, if you like them, that is all that really matters. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

UGH - feel better my friend Ms LLT @LTT1

Honored Contributor

might be just me, but I think the BF fabric and sweater LOOK cheap,  even if it's not, like cheap/inexpensive chenille 

years ago I looked at them at Nordstroms and it was really slippery IUKWIM  like it would not stay on the body

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

They were both on "sale" of course, and another 25% off if you spent $100.  It was almost $250 for both coats, the scarf, the gloves, and the hat/gloves set.  I put the gift receipt in the bag in case the sizing doesn't work out.  I feel badly for the 9 year old because I think it's hard to find flattering, age appropriate coats in that size.  I didn't know if she was just tall, "developed" or a bit pudgy, so I tried to find one that would fit regardless.

I can't find a picture, but I was able to get these really large zip close (holiday) tote bags at Five Below for $2 a piece.  It was worth it, because JCP didn't have boxes and coats are a PIA to wrap.